Due to the variety of RV’s available, there are many challenges that arise when an RV must be transported to another country. It’s large size and shape definitely doesn’t make it easy to ship. Luckily, there are professional shipping companies that specialize in the international delivery of such large recreational vehicles.
California residents have been using A1 Auto Transport for over 25 years. We are one of the leading transport companies and we specialize in national and international shipping services for vehicles of all kinds. Transporting RVs is something that we are very experienced with and to guarantee our safe and timely deliveries, we protect your vehicle under our own insurance policy as it is traveling with us.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Best Way to Assure Your RV’s Safe International Delivery
Preparing your RV for its international shipping process if the greatest way you can assure its safety. By making sure it leaves in its best condition, you are not only protecting the vehicle but those transporting it overseas.
- Secure all doors, windows, cupboards, drawers, and latches. All artwork and wall hangings should be removed.
- Empty the RV out from all personal or valuable items. The more you remove, the less the RV should weight which will only lessen the money spent on the transport.
- Contact the embassy of the nation you’re shipping the RV too. Make sure you have gathered all requested documentation and proof so that you can earn the clearance from Customs. Otherwise, the RV may get denied access into the country once it arrives.
- Top off all fluids except the fuel. Leave the gas tank at ¼ full or less.
- Disconnect the battery and all electrical and gas powered appliances.
- Fill the tires with air and make sure there aren’t any fluids leaking. You may even want to take the RV into a mechanic for routine maintenance before the transport.
- Make sure all lights are operational and that the hitch and tow bar are properly secured and attached.
- Take pictures of the RV’s exterior and interior. This is proof of the vehicle’s condition before the transport. This may come in handy if an insurance claim must be filed.
To learn more about international RV shipping, call A1 Auto Transport at 800-518-8708. We’ll provide you with all the information you need and even give you a FREE estimate before scheduling your RV’s future transport to another country.