If you would like to ship household goods with your motorcycle, you will need to purchase crated shipping. This method of shipping might require you to remove the mirrors and handlebars as well as drain the fluids.
If you are interested in transporting your motorcycle by crate, contact a professional motorcycle transport company.
Crated transport involves putting your bike into a wooden crate, securing it to a pallet and loading it onto a truck. This option is very popular, but not the least expensive way to transport a bike. Before hiring just anyone to ship your motorcycle via crate, make sure you collect at least three quotes from three different companies.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Other Ways to Ship a Motorcycle.
- Open Air Transport – This method is used more than any other type of shipping. Individuals, manufacturers, and dealers all use this method of transport. If you do not mind your bike being exposed to weather conditions, consider this form of transport.
- Enclosed Transport – This method of transport is known for being the most secure way to ship a bike. Your bike will be completely protected from the elements and transport hazards. Enclosed transport is also known for being the most expensive way to ship a bike
- Door to Door – this offers the most convenience to shippers. On the day of transport, a truck will arrive at your home and do a brief inspection of the motorcycle. After the inspection, it will be loaded onto the truck and delivered directly to its destination. If you live on a narrow street, let the shipping company know where the most convenient location is to pick up the bike.
- Terminal to Terminal – This delivery option is not as convenient as others, but it will save you some cash. You will need to arrange for a ride home for yourself from the terminal where you will drop off the bike. You will also need to pick the bike up from the depot once it has been delivered.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?