Import Vehicle Into USA From Andorra
Andorra is a small principality located in Southwestern Europe. It is attractive to investors, business corporations, and shoppers because of its friendly tax rates. Some of the major goods getting into Andorra, including cars, are duty-free. So, if you are planning to buy a vehicle with a hefty price tag, consider looking up car showrooms in Andorra la Vella, the principality’s largest city, which is home to famous shopping complexes such as Meritxell Avenue.
It is one thing to buy a car in Andorra, but a completely different thing having it shipped to the USA. There are several logistical and legal hurdles that could prove too much for an individual, and even a car dealership. To import vehicle into USA from Andorra, you need the help of an expert international car shipping company. But, even after finding a shipping company, it is important to know how the process works.
Cost & Time Examples for Import a Car from Andorra
|Andorra to (New York port) to New York, NY||$2800||$275||20+5 days|
|Andorra to (California port) to Los Angeles||$4200||$350||32+5 days|
|Andorra to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$4200||$450||32+5 days|
|Andorra to (California port) to Portland, OR||$4200||$475||32+6 days|
|Andorra to (California port) to Seattle, WA||$4200||$550||32+6 days|
|Andorra to (New York port) to Columbus, OH||$2800||$550||20+5 days|
|Andorra to (New York port) to Charlotte, NC||$2800||$575||20+6 days|
|Andorra to (New York port) to Atlanta, GA||$2800||$700||20+6 days|
|Andorra to (California port) to Denver, CO||$4200||$775||32+7 days|
|Andorra to (New York port) to Houston, TX||$2800||$1,075||20+7 days|
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
- *Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
- *Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
- *Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
- *Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Your first concern before exporting a car out of Andorra, or any other country, should be export duties. Different countries have different export duty rates. Relationships between countries come into play here. For example, no customs duty is paid between countries in the European Union and Andorra. There is no special relationship between US and Andorra that waivers custom duty.
Fortunately, tax rates are low in Andorra. You should make a commitment to learn the amount of export duty you are expected to pay for the vehicle to be imported from Andorra into the US. For that information, consult Andorra Customs Offices. The car seller or dealership you are working with can also help you get this information.
After learning about the customs duties and obligations required to export the car from Andorra, the next step is to find a reliable car shipping company. Here, you have two options. Find a shipping company in Andorra with partners in the USA or find a US-based auto shipping company. The latter is the better option in terms of safety and reliability.
Be very careful when selecting your international auto shipper. A vehicle is a precious and costly investment. It should be handled by an established professional auto shipper if it is to arrive safely. Experience, reputation, and reliability should be top priorities here, not price.
Preparing the necessary documents for export
After finding a reliable auto shipping company, the next step is preparing the necessary documents for exportation. At the Andorran borders, the customs officials require proof of ownership of the vehicle. So, you should have the vehicle registration documents and the vehicle purchase invoice. The latter is very important as it will also be required by the US customs office at the port of entry. If you physically take the vehicle to the borders, you will need a passport to be cleared.
Clearance from the customs office is easy if you are in Andorra. If you are not there, send the documents to the shipping company, who will, in turn, use the services of a customs clearing agent. This step is one of the reasons you need to hire a shipping company that knows what they are doing.
Preparing the vehicle for transport
In the case of a new car, there is not much preparation needed. The US Department of Agriculture dictates that the undercarriage of cars be clean of foreign soil to avoid importation of pests and other contaminants. Therefore, make sure you steam-clean the undercarriage before you import vehicle into USA from Andorra.
The next thing is to remove all personal belongings from the vehicle. Your belongings may be stolen during transit. Another reason is that all the content of the car have to be declared at the US customs office at the point of entry. These items might attract unnecessary duty fees. And if any illegal goods were to be found in the car, it could be seized and you could get arrested for trafficking.
Method of shipment
The auto shipping company you hire will determine the best and most efficient method of transport. At A-1 Auto Transport and most reputable car shippers, we ship cars from Andorra via ship. Andorra is a landlocked country. So, the carrier will transport the vehicle via truck to the nearest ocean port in France or Spain. The car is then loaded into a cargo ship in a container or a RoRo vessel. Now all you have to do is make the necessary arrangements with US customs for clearance of the car when it arrives at a port convenient to you.
That is how to import vehicle into USA from Andorra. The process can be easy or complicated. It all depends on the shipping company you choose to work with. Here, at A-1 Auto Transport, we pride ourselves on offering excellent car shipping from Andorra. To learn more, contact us today. Our friendly customer care staff will be more than willing to help.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇦🇩 Andorra, (AD)
Our Services and Information
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
- Import Vehicle into USA from AustraliaImport Vehicle into USA from AustriaImport Vehicle Into USA From BelgiumImport Vehicle Into USA From DenmarkImport Vehicle Into USA From FinlandImport Vehicle into USA from FranceImport Vehicle into USA from GermanyImport Vehicle Into USA From IcelandImport Vehicle Into USA From IrelandImport Vehicle Into USA From ItalyImport Vehicle into USA from LuxembourgImport Vehicle Into USA From MonacoImport Vehicle Into USA From NorwayImport Vehicle into USA from PortugalImport Vehicle Into USA From QatarImport Vehicle Into USA From Saudi ArabiaImport Vehicle into USA from SpainImport Vehicle Into USA From SwitzerlandImport Vehicle Into USA From The NetherlandsImport Vehicle Into USA From The UKImport Vehicle Into USA From UAEImport Vehicle into USA from Western EuropeImporting a Car into USA from UKImporting a race car into the USImporting a Vehicle Into USA from Canada
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August