The best way to guarantee that your motorcycle reaches another location without being driven is through professional transport services. Your bike will arrive with the mileage untouched and in the same condition, it was picked up in.
Fortunately, it’s easy to take advantage of these services due to their reasonable pricing.
The best place to start when you’re in need a transport is on the Internet. Search for the most reputable motorcycle shipping companies nearest your home. Narrow your results by researching their websites, reading customer reviews, and looking at company ratings. Create a list of the transporters you would like to contact for quotes.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
After The Shipping Process Is Scheduled…
Once you have your motorcycle’s transport scheduled, it’s time to get it ready. Your transport company will likely give you very precise directions, but it’s safe to assume that most prep procedures are similar.
- Start by cleaning and washing the bike. Get it to look its best for delivery. This also lets you see visible marks even better when you go to document damages.
- Remove any loose items. If you are using a created transport method, you may need to remove the handlebars as well.
- Drain all fluids in the vehicle with the exception of fuel. Leave the gas tank ¼ full or less.
- Write down and take pictures of any damages. You can refer to your notes when you inspect the bike after delivery.
- If you plan on shipping internationally, call the embassy of the country you’re delivering the bike to. Every nation has its own import laws to follow. You’re also responsible for paying taxes and duties aside from shipping costs.
Related Information & FAQ
- How do I ship my motorcycle across the country?
- How does a transport company calculate your cost to ship a motorcycle?
- How much does it cost to ship a motorcycle overseas?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.