I Need to Ship My Motorcycle – Where Do I Begin?
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
The best way to guarantee that your motorcycle reaches another location without being driven is through professional transport services. Your bike will arrive with the mileage untouched and in the same condition, it was picked up in.
Fortunately, it’s easy to take advantage of these services due to their reasonable pricing.
The best place to start when you’re in need a transport is on the Internet. Search for the most reputable motorcycle shipping companies nearest your home. Narrow your results by researching their websites, reading customer reviews, and looking at company ratings. Create a list of the transporters you would like to contact for quotes.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
After The Shipping Process Is Scheduled…
Once you have your motorcycle’s transport scheduled, it’s time to get it ready. Your transport company will likely give you very precise directions, but it’s safe to assume that most prep procedures are similar.
- Start by cleaning and washing the bike. Get it to look its best for delivery. This also lets you see visible marks even better when you go to document damages.
- Remove any loose items. If you are using a created transport method, you may need to remove the handlebars as well.
- Drain all fluids in the vehicle with the exception of fuel. Leave the gas tank ¼ full or less.
- Write down and take pictures of any damages. You can refer to your notes when you inspect the bike after delivery.
- If you plan on shipping internationally, call the embassy of the country you’re delivering the bike to. Every nation has its own import laws to follow. You’re also responsible for paying taxes and duties aside from shipping costs.