How to Keep a Motorcycle Safe during Shipping
You can keep your motorcycle safer by making sure it is secured properly during transport. Having your bike secured will not only help keep its condition but it will protect those transporting it as well. Whether you choose to transport the bike on your own or choose to buy shipping services through a professional transport service, there are certain products you can buy and things you can do to assure a safe delivery.
The straps you use to tie the motorcycle down to a trailer or on the inside of a shipping container are extremely important for a successful delivery. Even inside a shipping container, you don’t want the motorcycle to shift while it’s on its way to its destination.
You can use tie-down motorcycle assist straps, buckle straps, tie down anchors, or any other durable strap approved for securing a vehicle during its travels.
A lot of transporters or bike owners moving their own vehicles use a removable tow wheel chock. This essentially acts like the boots tow operators use to keep a vehicle from moving even when its engine is started and its given gas. The wheel chock keeps the tires from spinning so the vehicle is stuck in place. This device is usually screwed to the trailer for extra security. You can find wheel chocks in all different sizes. They are sold for use on a single tire or two tires at a time. If you purchase your own wheel chocks, make sure they’re made for motorcycles.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?