During an overseas auto transport, it is best to stay organized. There will be a lot involved in the process to shipping a car to Jamaica. Your transport company will help you with the process and even help you obtain the proof required by Customs.
This preparation may take some time to accomplish. It is recommended that those interested in shipping an automobile to another country call a transport company to book services 2 months before you’d like the car to be shipped out of Miami and headed to Jamaica.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Start Getting the Car Ready for Delivery.
Get your car ready for its trip to Jamaica to increase the likelihood of it arriving safely. All transport companies will carry different preparation tasks that they hold the shipping customers responsible for. These tasks are simple and usually take about a day’s time to complete.
- Clean the interior and exterior of the car. Dirt shouldn’t be visible. This makes it easier to see any scratches and dents.
- The gas tank should read ¼ full or less. This assures the safety of the vehicle and those delivering it.
- All fluids other than the fuel should be topped off. The tire pressure should also be checked.
- Alarm systems should be disabled before the transport. If you choose certain methods of transport, you may also be asked to disconnect the battery.
- Document any damages that already exist on the vehicle. Snap pictures of the inside and outside of the automobile for future reference.
If you prepare the car properly for transport, your vehicle is put at much less risk, especially during such long distance travels.