During an overseas auto transport, it is best to stay organized. There will be a lot involved in the process to shipping a car to Jamaica. Your transport company will help you with the process and even help you obtain the proof required by Customs.
This preparation may take some time to accomplish. It is recommended that those interested in shipping an automobile to another country call a transport company to book services 2 months before you’d like the car to be shipped out of Miami and headed to Jamaica.
Start Getting the Car Ready for Delivery.
Get your car ready for its trip to Jamaica to increase the likelihood of it arriving safely. All transport companies will carry different preparation tasks that they hold the shipping customers responsible for. These tasks are simple and usually take about a day’s time to complete.
- Clean the interior and exterior of the car. Dirt shouldn’t be visible. This makes it easier to see any scratches and dents.
- The gas tank should read ¼ full or less. This assures the safety of the vehicle and those delivering it.
- All fluids other than the fuel should be topped off. The tire pressure should also be checked.
- Alarm systems should be disabled before the transport. If you choose certain methods of transport, you may also be asked to disconnect the battery.
- Document any damages that already exist on the vehicle. Snap pictures of the inside and outside of the automobile for future reference.
If you prepare the car properly for transport, your vehicle is put at much less risk, especially during such long distance travels.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.