Finding the right auto transport company only requires a little bit of research. This is usually best done with the assistance of the Internet. By searching for local Hamden transport specialists, you will find that there are many made available to you. Check out the websites of these companies and find reviews and ratings from previous customers.
Make sure that they have a solid reputation for their services and performance. After narrowing your results, call around and ask questions.
Should I Have any Inquiries for the Transport Company?
While you are on the phone with the motorcycle transport company, there are many different questions you can and should ask. This will only help you with your decision to hire the company, plus it will better inform you of the company and their services.
- Inquire about their licensing and approvals.
- Ask about insurance coverage.
- Ask for an estimate or non-binding quote.
- Inquire about the shipping services for motorcycles.
- Ask if they have any discounts or specials.
- Ask about expedited or guaranteed delivery if you are in a rush.
- Find out how much door to door services cost.
- See if the company has all of the latest and proper equipment needed.
- Ask how long they presume the transport will take.
- Ask them how much they need upfront.
- Find out if the driver will be the only one handling the motorcycle’s delivery.
By asking all of the questions listed above, you will be able to narrow down what companies are best for your circumstances and needs. The customer service should be informative, helpful and friendly. Remember, they should want your business and therefore, they will be willing to help out by answering all of your questions.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.