When it comes to transporting motorcycles, a professional shipping company can get the job done safely and in a timely manner. Professional shipping companies in Gray, Maine can schedule a transport date with you after they calculate a quote over the phone.
When it comes to the cost of transporting a bike, shipping services will be able to offer a fair cost that will fit into their client’s budgets.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Advice for Transporting a Motorcycle.
When it comes to transporting your bike, you might be skeptical about your property being in the proper care. Transporters are trained extensively on how to overcome many difficult obstacles on the open road and on how to properly care for and secure vehicles. There are certain things you can do to your bike to ensure that it arrives in the same condition that it left in.
- Make sure the motorcycle shipping company offers full-coverage insurance.
- Thoroughly wash your vehicle of any dirt and deposits.
- Only leave about ¾ tank of fuel in the motorcycle.
- Document the condition of the bike and inform the auto shipper of any problems the vehicle might have.
- Disable the security alarm if the bike is equipped with one.
- Remove personal possessions so that they do not cause damages to the interior of the vehicle while in transit.
- Provide reliable contact information to the moving service so that they can call you in the event of a change in schedule.
How Are Motorcycles Transported?
There are various ways a motorcycle can be shipped from one location to the next, but one way that is popular amongst consumers is on an open-air trailer. This method of transport is the most cost effective way to ship a vehicle, but the motorcycle will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. This type of hauling service has two levels with vehicles secured on both the top and bottom.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?