Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Georgia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Georgia Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Georgia has become quite the mix of Southern charm and hospitality and chic urban sprawl, thanks to the presence of Atlanta. Big business has found the South in a big way here and Atlanta is a clear representation of that. Stunning skyline, access to tons of professional resources and entertainment galore; at the same time, this is a place that still accepts personal checks and prides itself on personal customer service just about everywhere you go.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Atlanta to Savannah||$248||248 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Jacksonville to Atlanta||$346||346 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Columbus to Indianapolis||$479||638 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Georgia to Illinois||$632||843 miles||3 – 5 days|
|New York to Georgia||$686||914 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Georgia to Colorado||$974||1624 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Phoenix to Georgia||$1200||2000 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Georgia to Los Angeles||$1165||2330 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Oregon to Atlanta||$1220||2440 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Georgia to Seattle||$1117||2792 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Tips For Handling Georgia Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Georgia auto shipping services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Get the lowest possible rate: The South is known for having affordable pricing for just about everything, so when you are searching for rates, keep that in mind. Depending on where you are shipping to or from, you should be able to find a rate that doesn’t break the bank.
- Prep your car for a ton of driving: Even in Atlanta, you are likely to have to drive everywhere you want to get. Moreover, because the city is spread out among the various suburbs and sprawling urban areas, you may need to spend some time driving around to find the various points of interest. Prep your car with gas, fluids, tires, etc. accordingly.
- Do your research on your Georgia vehicle shipping company of choice: When you choose a shipping company, make sure they have a good record of customer service and a varied enough offering to provide the shipping option that fits your car and the distance in which it will travel to get to wherever you are.
From the metro area of Atlanta to the many small towns found around the state, ship your car to Georgia when relocating or visiting to be sure you can see and explore it all.
Visit the Georgia Department Of Transportation page for more information.
Services And Information
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Georgia Auto Transport Companies Directory
Situated in East Point, just outside of Atlanta, these vehicle shippers offers both open-air and enclosed carriers and has rates affordable enough to fit just about any budget. Licensed, insured and bonded logistics business— they ship cars of all makes/models, trucks, vans, SUVs, motorcycles and boats nationwide all across the United States. Check out their BBB accredited review at the better business bureau website, and also their reviews online.
3485 N. Desert Drive, East Point, GA
Pacific Eastern Express
Customers rave about the level of customer service and professionalism that this company offers, so it’s not a wonder that it is among the most well-known of shipping companies in the Atlanta area. Known for their friendly drivers who are professionals, military discounts and seasonal specials. Deliveries are usually safely and on time (fast!).
747 Ralph McGill Blvd., Atlanta, GA
Pro Source Inc
Offering driver leasing services as well as flatbed shipping and other services, this Atlanta-based company has positive reviews and affordable rates.
1835 Savoy Drive, #105, Atlanta, GA
This auto shipping company provides both domestic and international services, as well as car loading and crating options as well, making it a good option for both individuals and dealers in need of fleet shipping. Door to door pickups and satellite tracking of orders are possible with this shipper. Call or email them today for a free price quote.
601 Interchange Drive, Atlanta, GA
Always Affordable Auto Transport
The name rings true with this auto shipping company, as it is affordable and offers a wide enough range of services to cater to customers with varied transport needs, from local auto transport to cross-country services.
258 4th St., Atlanta, GA
International Car Transportation
If you need to get your car from one point to the next on an international level and with a rate that you can afford, then International Car Transportation has got you covered.
432 Henry Street SW, Atlanta GA
Vehicle Registration Process in Georgia
To register a car in Georgia, you must follow these steps:
- Go to the nearest local tag office.
- Fill out a Title/Tag Application form.
- Bring your ID card, insurance proof, title of the vehicle and the inspection certificate.
- Pay the applicable fees (titling and registration fees).
- Read the following details if you need more information.
Georgia’s Motor Vehicle Division handles the entire registration process of a car. It is processed along with the title of the vehicle.
If you need to register a vehicle in this state, you will be given 30 days to do it at the GA Vehicle Division office.
Before the vehicle registration is completed, you should:
- Choose an auto insurance which meets the standards of Georgia.
- Secure a driver’s license in Georgia.
- Have your vehicle inspected.
While registering the vehicle, you must submit an application for a title as well. You need to show proof that you own the vehicle, like:
- Lienholder details; OR
- Your recent certificate of registration, if no title was provided by your last state of residence.
In addition, you must present an Inspection Certificate, if your last state does not issue titles.
Vehicle Registration Steps in Georgia
When you are ready to process the vehicle registration, go to the nearest county office (Tag Division) and provide the following:
- Your insurance certificate;
- A duly completed Title/Tag Application form;
- A state identification card and your GA-issued driver’s license;
- Proof of residency (like a lease document of your new address, utility bills, or vehicle rental agreement);
- Vehicle ownership proof;
- Vehicle Inspection Certificate;
- Pay all the necessary fees associated with the vehicle registration.
Your vehicle registration is valid for one year. Some counties may have different cycles in terms of renewal.
Residents of Georgia have a week to register a new automobile at Georgia’s Vehicle Division office from the acquisition or purchase date.
Before you proceed to the registration, you must have:
- Secured an insurance;
- Have your vehicle inspected.
A dealership is going to issue a temporary tag valid for 30 days after you buy a used or new vehicle from them. This will give you enough time to process the registration of the vehicle at the Motor Vehicle Division or process a transfer of an existing license/registration plate. It is the dealership who will process the application for the title, except for the registration which is your responsibility.
If the dealership does not process the transfer of the title prior to expiration of the temporary vehicle tag, you may apply to extend the transfer at the nearest local Tax Commission’s office.
You need to provide the following details:
- A vehicle temporary tag issued by your dealership.
- A duly completed Application form for Extension of a Registration bought from a Dealership in Georgia.
- Ownership statements.
- A Driver’s license issued in Georgia.
Your complete legal name should be indicated on the papers as proof of ownership.
How to Register a Non-Leased Vehicle
If you are ready to process the vehicle registration, proceed to the local Tag Office County and bring the following:
- A Driver’s license issued in Georgia or a state identification card.
- A car insurance document.
- The Ownership proof (Manufacturer’s Certificate endorsed to your name, last owner’s name transferred to you and recent vehicle registration, which should also be listed under your name).
- Proof of residency in Georgia (Utility bills, Lease agreement, Pay check claim slip indicating your present address).
- Inspection Certificate.
- Payment of the associated fees in registration.
Your complete legal name should appear on each document you present as proof of ownership.
Your vehicle registration is valid for one year and you need to renew moving forward.
How to Register a Leased Vehicle
A leased vehicle’s title should be listed under the name of the lessor. Your registration for a leased automobile is not going to be processed in Georgia unless:
- A GA title has been issued under the leasing company’s information, OR
- You are applying for a title under your company name once you process the registration.
If you are about to register the leased vehicle, simply proceed to the local County Tag Division and bring the following details:
- A duly completed Title/Tag Application form;
- Auto insurance documents;
- A POA from the leasing office or the lease agreement;
- Certificate of Title;
- State Identification card or Driver’s License card issued in GA;
- Proof of residency in Georgia (Lease agreement and Utility bills);
- Vehicle inspection certificate;
- Payment for any associated fees in registration.
Tags and Registration Transfer
GA tags may be transferred from your former car to another one you recently bought if:
- The price and plate types are the same (ex. Passenger vehicle to passenger vehicle, but not passenger vehicle to trailer).
- You have completed the transfer of the tag within thirty days upon obtaining your car.
You should complete the titling procedure before or once the tag was transferred between cars if your new car is not titled to you. .
Visit your local Tag Office for the tag transfer of a car titled to you, and bring:
- A GA ID card or driver license.
- The GA certificate of car registration of the car you do not own any more (must be intelligible).
- A Complete MV-1 Title Form/Tag Application.
- Your new car’s valid title (must be in your name).
- Certificate of car insurance.
- Completion inspection certificate (refer to “Car Inspections in GA” below).
- Payment of tag transfer fee (applicable to your form).
There will be no change on the registration cycle when the tags were transferred between cars, so be sure to have your registration renewed if required.
GA Car Registration Fees
The registration fees with the GA Motor Vehicle Division vary depending on the following:
- Your vehicle type (ex. For-hire-car, truck, car, etc.).
- The license plate type you ordered (specialty plate vs. standard).
- Titling fees.
- Value Added Tax (ex. Your car’s market value), which differs by county.
For the estimate of your car registration fee, you may refer to the fee chart of the GA Motor Vehicle Division and calculate the estimate Value Added Tax (VAT) by using the TAVT calculator.
Note: Contact the GA Motor Vehicle Division or your local county Tag Office if you need assistance in calculating your registration fees.
Car Inspections in GA
You must complete an emissions inspection and smog check if you are registering your car in any of the counties listed below:
- Rockdale or Paulding County,
The AFV, older, and newer vehicles are exempted.
For registering a car without a vehicle title from its previous state, a VIN inspection should be performed by a tag agent or by a law enforcer in your county.
The T-22B Certification of Inspection must be completed by an agent. The form and car registration documents must be submitted.
GA car registration exemptions: The GA MVD does not require the vehicles listed below to be titled or registered:
- Off-road cars,
- Motorized carts,
In addition, there are non-residents living temporarily in Georgia who so not need to have their vehicles registered (see below).
Registration of Out of State and Military Vehicles
For Georgia military residents: GA residents who are on active duty and are presently in GA may have their vehicles registered by following the procedures mentioned above. Georgia military residents based outside the state must call their county’s Tag Office.
Out of state military resident based in Georgia: Vehicle registration with the Georgia MVD is not required if you’re not residing in Georgia but are in active duty. You must have your current license plate, insurance, and registration from your county.
You should have your vehicle registered if you want to be a resident of GA (refer to the registration steps above).
Get a Duplicate GA Car Registration
In case you want to get a new car registration certificate or plate stickers for your car, make sure to order them right away.
You may have your damaged or lost registration replaced by:
- Going to your county’s Tag Office.
- Providing a completed MV-5 Form.
- Paying the processing fee of $1.
Other Georgia Resources
Georgia.gov – official government website for the state of Georgia.
Georgia Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the state of Georgia.
University Of Georgia – UGA is the birthplace of the American system of public higher education.
Georgia On Craigslist – local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Reviews from Customers in Georgia
I got a ton of quotes from companies and brokers until I got to A1 Auto Transport. Brokers were quite sneaky. The rate was good, but it wasn’t the actual quote. They mentioned the driver or their commission only, so there was bound to be more I had to pay down the line.
I got just one decent quote, but the timing wasn’t right. He could only pick up my car on Monday, and I needed it to leave for Georgia on Friday. After this company, I tried A1 Auto Transport. I called Joe on Tuesday, and he answered promptly. He agreed to pick my car on Friday and offered to do it sooner. But since I needed it until then, I insisted on my date and he did as I wanted.
The driver got it delivered on Saturday, as promised, but 20 minutes early. I’ve heard stories of car transports being delayed for several days due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, so I was glad this did not happen to me.
I’m very happy with the service, and although I don’t have any other cars to move in the foreseeable future, I’ll remember A1 Auto Transport just in case.- Ryan Y.
A1 Auto Transport was recommended to me by a cousin who had a roommate that moved to LA after graduating from university and was apparently very happy with their service. So, when my father-in-law needed a transport company to deliver a vintage car for his best friend’s 60th birthday, I thought I’d give them a call and see what they had to offer.
I have to admit it worried me a lot because I wasn’t sure they’ll be up for the job: we’re talking about a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado that he and his buddy had been trying to restore for the last couple of months, blood, sweat, and tears and all. So no, we ain’t using an old rickety trailer to haul that baby out to Georgia in time for him to blow out his sixty birthday candles.
A1 Auto Transport’s got these cool, modern enclosed transport trucks for the job. Their team offered a competitive shipping cost and assured us the car would be delivered safe to its destination.
And you know what? They did. It was crazy. They understood how important and beloved that car is to its owners. It was a happy day and a very happy birthday to his best bud indeed.- Katie S.
Auto Transport Services in Georgia
- Appling County
- Atkinson County
- Bacon County
- Baldwin County
- Banks County
- Barrow County
- Bartow County
- Ben Hill County
- Berrien County
- Bibb County
- Bleckley County
- Brantley County
- Brooks County
- Bryan County
- Bulloch County
- Burke County
- Butts County
- Camden County
- Candler County
- Carroll County
- Catoosa County
- Charlton County
- Chatham County
- Chattahoochee County
- Chattooga County
- Cherokee County
- Clarke County
- Clayton County
- Cobb County
- Coffee County
- Colquitt County
- Columbia County
- Cook County
- Coweta County
- Crawford County
- Crisp County
- Dade County
- Dawson County
- Decatur County
- DeKalb County
- Dodge County
- Dooly County
- Dougherty County
- Douglas County
- Early County
- East Point
- Effingham County
- Elbert County
- Emanuel County
- Evans County
- Fannin County
- Fayette County
- Floyd County
- Forsyth County
- Franklin County
- Fulton County
- Gilmer County
- Glynn County
- Gordon County
- Grady County
- Greene County
- Gwinnett County
- Habersham County
- Hall County
- Hancock County
- Haralson County
- Harris County
- Hart County
- Heard County
- Henry County
- Houston County
- Irwin County
- Jackson County
- Jasper County
- Jeff Davis County
- Jefferson County
- Jenkins County
- Johns Creek
- Johnson County
- Jones County
- Lamar County
- Lanier County
- Laurens County
- Lee County
- Liberty County
- Lincoln County
- Long County
- Lowndes County
- Lumpkin County
- Macon County
- Madison County
- Marion County
- McDuffie County
- McIntosh County
- Meriwether County
- Mitchell County
- Monroe County
- Montgomery County
- Morgan County
- Murray County
- Muscogee County
- Newton County
- Oconee County
- Oglethorpe County
- Paulding County
- Peach County
- Peachtree City
- Pickens County
- Pierce County
- Pike County
- Polk County
- Port of Brunswick
- Port Of Savannah
- Pulaski County
- Putnam County
- Rabun County
- Richmond County
- Rockdale County
- Sandy Springs
- Screven County
- Seminole County
- Spalding County
- Stephens County
- Sumter County
- Tattnall County
- Taylor County
- Telfair County
- Terrell County
- Thomas County
- Tift County
- Toombs County
- Towns County
- Troup County
- Turner County
- Twiggs County
- Union County
- Upson County
- Walker County
- Walton County
- Ware County
- Warner Robins
- Washington County
- Wayne County
- White County
- Whitfield County
- Wilcox County
- Wilkes County
- Wilkinson County
- Worth County