Safe And Reliable Georgia Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Georgia has become quite the mix of Southern charm and hospitality and chic urban sprawl, thanks to the presence of Atlanta. Big business has found the South in a big way here and Atlanta is a clear representation of that. Stunning skyline, access to tons of professional resources and entertainment galore; at the same time, this is a place that still accepts personal checks and prides itself on personal customer service just about everywhere you go.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Atlanta to Savannah||$248||248 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Jacksonville to Atlanta||$346||346 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Columbus to Indianapolis||$479||638 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Georgia to Illinois||$632||843 miles||3 - 5 days|
|New York to Georgia||$686||914 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Georgia to Colorado||$974||1624 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Phoenix to Georgia||$1200||2000 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Georgia to Los Angeles||$1165||2330 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Oregon to Atlanta||$1220||2440 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Georgia to Seattle||$1117||2792 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Shipping Companies Near Me
Looking for auto transport companies near you in Georgia? Are you headed to an event with your custom vehicle? Have you just sold a car and need it transported across the country or even overseas? You’re going to need expert transport professionals to assist you in moving your vehicle. No matter where you’re headed, we have a qualified team to deliver your car safely and efficiently. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare brokerages and carriers with trucks in your area right now.
Tips For Handling Georgia Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Georgia auto shipping services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Get the lowest possible rate: The South is known for having affordable pricing for just about everything, so when you are searching for rates, keep that in mind. Depending on where you are shipping to or from, you should be able to find a rate that doesn’t break the bank.
- Prep your car for a ton of driving: Even in Atlanta, you are likely to have to drive everywhere you want to get. Moreover, because the city is spread out among the various suburbs and sprawling urban areas, you may need to spend some time driving around to find the various points of interest. Prep your car with gas, fluids, tires, etc. accordingly.
- Do your research on your Georgia vehicle shipping company of choice: When you choose a shipping company, make sure they have a good record of customer service and a varied enough offering to provide the shipping option that fits your car and the distance in which it will travel to get to wherever you are.
From the metro area of Atlanta to the many small towns found around the state, ship your car to Georgia when relocating or visiting to be sure you can see and explore it all.
Visit the Georgia Department Of Transportation page for more information.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Georgia
A1 Auto Transport’s terminals are placed in strategic points throughout the country, so you may easily reach them regardless of your location. However, if your car is broken or you don’t want to bother driving it to the terminal, you can opt for a door to door service for your long distance auto transportation.
This is slightly more expensive, but it’s preferable if you live in a remote location and there isn’t a terminal near your home. However, the truck will need a path to reach you, so make sure there are sufficiently large roads near it.
International Auto Transport from/to Georgia
The first step to any successful international auto shipment is speaking to an auto transport company. Our staff will assess your situation and help you decide on the best solution for your budget and circumstances.
We can ship your car to a neighboring country or to the other side of the Atlantic. Dealing with customs becomes our responsibility, so all you have to do is prepare some basic paperwork and leave the rest to us.
Cheap Car Transportation Options in Georgia
There are several ways to ship a car, and in general, the methods which use more of the company’s time and resources cost more. For example, some enclosed carriers can transport at most 1 or 2 vehicles at a time. Compared to our 12 car capacity open carriers, this is much less cost effective. Because of this, if you’re planning on lowering your expenditure, it’s recommended you use an open carrier.
Distance is another factor which influences the price. Let’s say your carrier must pick up and deliver 10 cars from different clients. If he has to go to each client’s location to pick up the vehicles, and then deliver them at the clients’ desired spot, delivering all 10 automobiles will require a lot of time and money.
However, if every client drops off his/her vehicle at a nearby terminal from which carriers load all of them, then it’s much more economical for the company. Because of this, A1 Auto Transport encourages such behavior by offering lower prices for terminal to terminal shipping.
Some clients also meet the criteria for our company’s discounts and seasonal offerings. These can be a great money saver, so you should learn if you can use them.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Georgia
The security of classic and luxury vehicles is guaranteed during transport with an enclosed carrier. Covered trailers are especially designed to protect the expensive cargo from incidents and unfavorable weather conditions that could harm the car or the paintjob.
Getting an exotic or antique car shipped to Georgia with an enclosed carrier saves money in the long run, even though it might seem like an expensive ride at first. Enclosed carriers are designed to transport few vehicles at a time, but they ensure a safe and fast ride with few stops along the way.
Georgia Special Discounts
Military members can benefit from special discounts for shipping services to and from the state of Georgia. Students and seniors benefit from these as well. Any client, even if he’s not part of the above-mentioned group, may be eligible for seasonal offers. To know for sure, we recommend you call our office.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Georgia
Any damage sustained by your car while in our hands can be noted and recovered upon receiving it. However, the chances of something happening are very low.
Since every car is strapped in place on a trailer, it won’t hit others during transport. Bad weather is rarely strong enough to cause any damage, and the occasional pebble is likely to bump into the surrounding beams and bars.
When driving an automobile, damage inevitably accumulates and mileage is gained. You risk no such problems when using our auto transport services. And again, if you notice even a scratch or a bump on your car, you can notify us to recover your losses.
Get a free, no obligation to buy, price quote for your shipment.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
How to Request a Price Estimate
When calling our office directly, our staff can better assess your requirements and suggest better transport arrangements. Some of our past callers managed to save around 15% of their ‘would be’ expenses this way.
However, if you’re still comparing quotes and don’t want to speak to anyone, our online form is a great option as well. Click the ‘Get an Instant Quote’ text at the top of the page, and it will lead you to it. Make sure you complete all the fields and follow our instructions properly. The whole process should take you around 3 minutes.
Georgia Auto Transport Companies Directory
Situated in East Point, just outside of Atlanta, these vehicle shippers offers both open-air and enclosed carriers and has rates affordable enough to fit just about any budget. Licensed, insured and bonded logistics business-they ship cars of all makes/models, trucks, vans, SUVs, motorcycles and boats nationwide all across the United States. Check out their BBB accredited review at the better business bureau website, and also their reviews online.
3485 N. Desert Drive, East Point, GA
Pacific Eastern Express
Customers rave about the level of customer service and professionalism that this company offers, so it’s not a wonder that it is among the most well-known of shipping companies in the Atlanta area. Known for their friendly drivers who are professionals, military discounts and seasonal specials. Deliveries are usually safely and on time (fast!).
747 Ralph McGill Blvd., Atlanta, GA
Pro Source Inc
Offering driver leasing services as well as flatbed shipping and other services, this Atlanta-based company has positive reviews and affordable rates.
1835 Savoy Drive, #105, Atlanta, GA
This auto shipping company provides both domestic and international services, as well as car loading and crating options as well, making it a good option for both individuals and dealers in need of fleet shipping. Door to door pickups and satellite tracking of orders are possible with this shipper. Call or email them today for a free price quote.
601 Interchange Drive, Atlanta, GA
Always Affordable Auto Transport
The name rings true with this auto shipping company, as it is affordable and offers a wide enough range of services to cater to customers with varied transport needs, from local auto transport to cross-country services.
258 4th St., Atlanta, GA
International Car Transportation
If you need to get your car from one point to the next on an international level and with a rate that you can afford, then International Car Transportation has got you covered.
432 Henry Street SW, Atlanta GA
Vehicle Registration Process in Georgia
To register a car in Georgia, you must follow these steps:
- Go to the nearest local tag office.
- Fill out a Title/Tag Application form.
- Bring your ID card, insurance proof, title of the vehicle and the inspection certificate.
- Pay the applicable fees (titling and registration fees).
- Read the following details if you need more information.
Georgia’s Motor Vehicle Division handles the entire registration process of a car. It is processed along with the title of the vehicle.
If you need to register a vehicle in this state, you will be given 30 days to do it at the GA Vehicle Division office.
Before the vehicle registration is completed, you should:
- Choose an auto insurance which meets the standards of Georgia.
- Secure a driver's license in Georgia.
- Have your vehicle inspected.
While registering the vehicle, you must submit an application for a title as well. You need to show proof that you own the vehicle, like:
- Lienholder details; OR
- Your recent certificate of registration, if no title was provided by your last state of residence.
In addition, you must present an Inspection Certificate, if your last state does not issue titles.
Vehicle Registration Steps in Georgia
When you are ready to process the vehicle registration, go to the nearest county office (Tag Division) and provide the following:
- Your insurance certificate;
- A duly completed Title/Tag Application form;
- A state identification card and your GA-issued driver's license;
- Proof of residency (like a lease document of your new address, utility bills, or vehicle rental agreement);
- Vehicle ownership proof;
- Vehicle Inspection Certificate;
- Pay all the necessary fees associated with the vehicle registration.
Your vehicle registration is valid for one year. Some counties may have different cycles in terms of renewal.
Residents of Georgia have a week to register a new automobile at Georgia’s Vehicle Division office from the acquisition or purchase date.
Before you proceed to the registration, you must have:
- Secured an insurance;
- Have your vehicle inspected.
A dealership is going to issue a temporary tag valid for 30 days after you buy a used or new vehicle from them. This will give you enough time to process the registration of the vehicle at the Motor Vehicle Division or process a transfer of an existing license/registration plate. It is the dealership who will process the application for the title, except for the registration which is your responsibility.
If the dealership does not process the transfer of the title prior to expiration of the temporary vehicle tag, you may apply to extend the transfer at the nearest local Tax Commission's office.
You need to provide the following details:
- A vehicle temporary tag issued by your dealership.
- A duly completed Application form for Extension of a Registration bought from a Dealership in Georgia.
- Ownership statements.
- A Driver's license issued in Georgia.
Your complete legal name should be indicated on the papers as proof of ownership.
How to Register a Non-Leased Vehicle
If you are ready to process the vehicle registration, proceed to the local Tag Office County and bring the following:
- A Driver's license issued in Georgia or a state identification card.
- A car insurance document.
- The Ownership proof (Manufacturer's Certificate endorsed to your name, last owner's name transferred to you and recent vehicle registration, which should also be listed under your name).
- Proof of residency in Georgia (Utility bills, Lease agreement, Pay check claim slip indicating your present address).
- Inspection Certificate.
- Payment of the associated fees in registration.
Your complete legal name should appear on each document you present as proof of ownership.
Your vehicle registration is valid for one year and you need to renew moving forward.
How to Register a Leased Vehicle
A leased vehicle's title should be listed under the name of the lessor. Your registration for a leased automobile is not going to be processed in Georgia unless:
- A GA title has been issued under the leasing company's information, OR
- You are applying for a title under your company name once you process the registration.
If you are about to register the leased vehicle, simply proceed to the local County Tag Division and bring the following details:
- A duly completed Title/Tag Application form;
- Auto insurance documents;
- A POA from the leasing office or the lease agreement;
- Certificate of Title;
- State Identification card or Driver's License card issued in GA;
- Proof of residency in Georgia (Lease agreement and Utility bills);
- Vehicle inspection certificate;
- Payment for any associated fees in registration.
Tags and Registration Transfer
GA tags may be transferred from your former car to another one you recently bought if:
- The price and plate types are the same (ex. Passenger vehicle to passenger vehicle, but not passenger vehicle to trailer).
- You have completed the transfer of the tag within thirty days upon obtaining your car.
You should complete the titling procedure before or once the tag was transferred between cars if your new car is not titled to you. .
Visit your local Tag Office for the tag transfer of a car titled to you, and bring:
- A GA ID card or driver license.
- The GA certificate of car registration of the car you do not own any more (must be intelligible).
- A Complete MV-1 Title Form/Tag Application.
- Your new car’s valid title (must be in your name).
- Certificate of car insurance.
- Completion inspection certificate (refer to “Car Inspections in GA” below).
- Payment of tag transfer fee (applicable to your form).
There will be no change on the registration cycle when the tags were transferred between cars, so be sure to have your registration renewed if required.
GA Car Registration Fees
The registration fees with the GA Motor Vehicle Division vary depending on the following:
- Your vehicle type (ex. For-hire-car, truck, car, etc.).
- The license plate type you ordered (specialty plate vs. standard).
- Titling fees.
- Value Added Tax (ex. Your car’s market value), which differs by county.
For the estimate of your car registration fee, you may refer to the fee chart of the GA Motor Vehicle Division and calculate the estimate Value Added Tax (VAT) by using the TAVT calculator.
Note: Contact the GA Motor Vehicle Division or your local county Tag Office if you need assistance in calculating your registration fees.
Car Inspections in GA
You must complete an emissions inspection and smog check if you are registering your car in any of the counties listed below:
- Rockdale or Paulding County,
The AFV, older, and newer vehicles are exempted.
For registering a car without a vehicle title from its previous state, a VIN inspection should be performed by a tag agent or by a law enforcer in your county.
The T-22B Certification of Inspection must be completed by an agent. The form and car registration documents must be submitted.
GA car registration exemptions: The GA MVD does not require the vehicles listed below to be titled or registered:
- Off-road cars,
- Motorized carts,
In addition, there are non-residents living temporarily in Georgia who so not need to have their vehicles registered (see below).
Registration of Out of State and Military Vehicles
For Georgia military residents: GA residents who are on active duty and are presently in GA may have their vehicles registered by following the procedures mentioned above. Georgia military residents based outside the state must call their county’s Tag Office.
Out of state military resident based in Georgia: Vehicle registration with the Georgia MVD is not required if you’re not residing in Georgia but are in active duty. You must have your current license plate, insurance, and registration from your county.
You should have your vehicle registered if you want to be a resident of GA (refer to the registration steps above).
Get a Duplicate GA Car Registration
In case you want to get a new car registration certificate or plate stickers for your car, make sure to order them right away.
You may have your damaged or lost registration replaced by:
- Going to your county’s Tag Office.
- Providing a completed MV-5 Form.
- Paying the processing fee of $1.
Services And Information
Other Georgia Resources
Georgia.gov - official government website for the state of Georgia.
Georgia Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the state of Georgia.
University Of Georgia - UGA is the birthplace of the American system of public higher education.
Georgia On Craigslist - local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.