Affordable. Dependable. Comprehensive.
Freight Shipping & Heavy Cargo Transport
For those who need something transported that doesn’t fall under any of our other shipping services, we also offer freight shipping. A-1 Auto Transport freight shipping is not limited to vehicles or certain types of equipment—there are no size or weight restrictions at all. If it can be shipped, we can help you do it.
Here are some of the many items we ship and services we offer our freight shipping clients:
- Mining supplies & equipment
- Construction equipment
- Industrial supplies
- Oversize loads & heavy haul
- Refrigerated freight
- Containerized cargo (intermodal freight)
- Less than truckload (LTL)
- Full truckload
- General cargo hauling
- Distribution services
- Expedited freight transport
- Warehousing & storage
If you have questions about shipping anything not mentioned here, especially if you’ve had trouble finding a suitable option, please feel free to contact us to learn more about we can help. Call us at 1-800-452-2880 to learn more or get an instant price quote by using our online form.
Freight Transport Methods: Air, Container, Rail, & Truck
Having the right equipment to do the job is a key part of the transport industry and it goes double for freight and heavy duty hauling. There are a variety of shipping methods and equipment at your disposal, but some are more appropriate than others. The section below outlines some of the key differences and requirements and the main types of freight shipping.
Most freight shipping within the U.S. is done using some form of flatbed truck. The specific type of trailer used depends on the type of freight being hauled, but this covers the vast majority of cargo moved around the continental United States, as well as within the borders of other countries.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
While not as common for private shippers, some freight can and still is moved by rail. The reason it is less common is that most intermodal containers can be easily shipped by truck, which makes using a train for shipment redundant unless there is enough cargo to make it financially worthwhile for the party doing the shipping.
One of the advantages of intermodal transport is that the container can be easily moved from a train to a truck to a transport ship with relative ease. This makes intermodal shipping a good option for international shipments, provided there is enough room inside the container(s).
Air freight, while on the more expensive end of shipping costs, is still an option, even with heavy freight and large cargo. Typically, air freight is used when a shipment must get to an out of the way or otherwise difficult area to get to that may not be as accessible by ship or truck.
Do you need freight shipping services, either in the U.S. or internationally? Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 to learn more about the process, or if you’d like a FREE, no obligation cost estimate! Just contact us with some basic information and you’ll have a price quote in minutes!
Freight Shipping Done Right
But what makes us stand out is that we offer freight shipping that is tailored towards your needs, as we focus on a combination of strategic route planning and the flexibility to ensure that your freight is being delivered in the best and most affordable way possible. We always utilize the very latest in real-time satellite tracking and freight shipping technology. The safety and security of your freight is also another one of our main priorities.
In today’s highly competitive economy, you need to be confident that you’re hiring a freight shipping service that will be able to provide you with fast and effective freight transport in which you not only receive affordable prices but also shipping services that are NEVER late and ALWAYS logistically coordinated to your needs. Our extensive carrier relationships and dedicated customer service team will ensure that will happen.
We offer the following services:
- LTL Freight Shipping (Less Than Truckload): In the majority of cases, you will not need to fill up a whole truck with freight. If that’s the case for you, our comprehensive LTL Freight Shipping services is the perfect solution. Whether it’s for residential or commercial freight transport, we’ll work with you to plan out how to ship your goods, no matter how small, in the most cost-effective, yet efficient way, possible. Our network of carriers specializes in LTL freight shipping, so you can be assured that you’ll be getting the best service for the best price possible.
- TL Freight Shipping (Truckload): In some cases, you will have a need for TL freight shipping if you have an extremely large load. In other cases, you may be transporting an extremely delicate load that needs its own truck. Whatever the case may be, our TL freight shipping services will only use the very best in truckload carriers to get you the best that’s available on the marketplace.
- Intermodal Freight Shipping: For those who are in need of international freight transport, this is the perfect option. Your freight will be shipped through multiple methods of transportation, in which it will be securely handled and delivered. We also assist you with all of the duty and customs requirements that are associated with international transport, resulting in less stress for you, minimal delays, and even cost savings.
We also offer expedited freight shipping services for both LTL freight shipping and TL freight shipping, as well as Intermodal freight shipping!
Why Choose Us?
By choosing A-1 Auto Transport’s Freight Shipping services, you’ll receive:
- Industry-leading expertise from our customer service team
- Efficiency in freight shipping that results in major COST SAVINGS
- A simple and fast booking process in which you can ALWAYS speak to a customer service representative
- The very latest in freight shipping and freight transport GPS tracking technology so that you can receive REAL TIME updates.
Contact us today to speak with a customer service representative to learn more about what we can offer. We will also provide you with a FREE QUOTE.
Auto Transport Services
- Car Transportation
- International / RoRo
- Enclosed / Covered
- Door To Door, Pickup Dropoff
- Classic & Antique Cars
- Military & Armed Forces
- Domestic Motorcycles
- International Motorcycle
- Luxury Vehicles
- RVs & Motor Homes
- Boats & Yachts
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVs
- Best Snowmobile Shipping & Transport Services
- International Boat & Yacht Shipping Services
- Motorhome Shipping & Transport Services
- Electric Auto Transport Services
- Truck Shipping
- Freight Shipping
- Golf Cart Shipping
- Multi Car Shipping & Transport
- Dealer To Dealer Auto Transport & Car Shipping Services
- Salvaged Car Shipping & Transport Services
- Non Op Car Shipping & Transport Services
- SUV Shipping & Transport Services
- Jet Ski Shipping & Transport Services
- Interstate Car Towing
Auto Transport Information
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory