How To Ship Your Ford Consul.
The Ford Consul was manufactured from 1951 to 1962 and later used to name a model produced from 1972 to 1975. The Ford Consul Mk I (produced from 1951-1956) was available in 4-door sedan, estate car, and convertible body styles, equipped with a 1.5L straight-4 engine that produced 47 bhp of output, and a 3-speed manual gearbox.
The Mk II came from 1956-1962, in a 4-door sedan, 4-door estate, 2-door coupe, and 2-door convertible body styles. A 1.7L straight-4 engine producing 56 bhp, with a top speed of 79.3 mph. The 1972-1975 Ford Consul was available in 2-door sedan and coupe, 4-door sedan, and 5-door estate body styles, with a range of 1.7L-3.0L V4 and V6 engines, and 4-speed manual transmission standard.
What You Should Know About Shipping.
To have your Ford Consul successfully shipped from one point to another, then you would need some help (especially if it is your first time dealing on it). To help you get conversant with some basics about car shipping, here are some terms you will encounter:
- Auto transport company: These are companies that specialize in shipping vehicles, as opposed to other shipping companies that handle general items.
- Open and enclosed carriers: Shipping with open carriers is less expensive; however, the cars are exposed to weather elements, dust, or any other hazards. It is ideal for regular/less classy cars. Enclosed carriers offer protection to the car. It is better to use this when shipping very expensive cars, so as to guarantee more protection. However, it is more expensive.
- Door to door: Some companies use only terminals, but there are those who pick cars from wherever clients have them, and also deliver them to the door steps of their owners.
- Domestic shipping: This has to do with moving a car within the national borders. It is usually from state to state, across the country.
- International shipping: In this case, long distance, overseas movement of vehicles is possible for companies whose coverage is wide. Such company is able to move your car from coast to coast, across countries, wherever you want it.
- Shipment protection: You can have your car insured during its shipping. This is ideal for luxury cars and very expensive ones, so you do not have to worry about possible damages in transit.
Ship With Us.
As an auto transport company,
- We are registered, licensed and certified;
- We are reliable;
- We have the experience;
- We are affordable;
- We have a robust network of shipping agents present in different parts of the world;
- We are customer-oriented;
- We deliver promptly.
With the necessary qualities and resources, both human and material, we have what it takes to ensure a safe and on-time delivery of your Ford Consul. And if you are wondering how much it costs, you can get a quote by filling the correct information. You will receive prompt response from our staff, and that is one way to confirm that our services are cheap and we offer competitive prices.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.