Motorcycle shipping services are offered all throughout the region of Florence. Anyone residing in the area can buy shipping services as needed. Matter of fact, many businesses as well as individuals utilize these services consistently. It all depends on the nature of business you’re in. Some people are into motorcycles as a hobby and even they frequently use motorcycle shipping to get their vehicles from one place to the next without adding on miles or possibly causing it harm.
All legitimate and dependable transport companies will have everything they need to safely relocate a motorcycle. They will also have trained professionals and years of experience to back up their reputation. This is the kind of company you want to hire for your motorcycle’s shipping process.
Motorcycle Preparation Requirements Explained.
Each transport company will have a list of prerequisites that must be fulfilled prior to the vehicle’s transport. The preparation for the bike is only to make certain that it is protected during the shipping process. It also assures the protection of the driver and other employees involved in the bike’s travels.
- Take off any items that didn’t originally come with the motorcycle. This includes saddle bags and other similar items.
- Have the motorcycle washed. Make sure all debris and dirt is removed.
- Write down and snap photographs of any damage already existing on the bike. This information can be used to help with the personal inspection that should be done immediately after the bike’s shipping process.
- Check all fluids and the tire pressure. For crated shipping methods, you may be asked to drain all fluids.
- Disable the battery and the alarm system if prompted.
- Make sure the fuel tank isn’t over a ¼ of a tank full.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.