- 1) Motorcycle Shipping By Air Freight
- 2) Truck
- 3) Shipping Service
- 4) Trailer
- 5) Diy Motorcycle Transport
- Further Details On Motorcycle Shipping
- Step 1 Determine The Type Of Trailer You Wish To Use To Transport Your Motorcycle
- Step 2 Find Quotes
- Step 3 Schedule The Service
- Step 4 Document The Condition Of Your Motorcycle
- Step 5 Prepare Your Motorcycle For Shipping
- Step 6 Consider Additional Insurance
- Step 7 Ship Your Motorcycle
- What Qualities Should A Motorcycle Shipping Company Have?
- The Best Motorcycle Shipping Company
You've probably heard of the term "motorcycle culture," but do you know what it means?
Motorcycling is a growing sport around the world. In the US alone, over 20 million people ride motorcycles every year. The number of motorcycle enthusiasts continues to rise, especially among younger generations.
If you're looking for a way to ship your motorcycle across the country, you've come to the right place. This article will provide a straightforward way to simplify your options. Read on to get more insight.
1) Motorcycle Shipping by Air Freight
The further your bike is required to travel, especially beyond the United States, the more beneficial air transport gets. Air freight is undoubtedly the best option for long-distance, cross-border transport.
When using air freight for international shipping, it is essential to research the customs regulations of your arrival destination to avoid unnecessary fees or complicated processes that can be made more difficult when you don't speak the native language.
In addition, take extra care when doing your paperwork . . . a misspelled or difficult-to-read label may cause your shipment to be delivered to Uruguay instead of Paraguay or vice versa.
That said, by following a careful and thorough process when submitting your transit application, you should have nothing to worry about. Upon landing, you can immediately leave customs and continue your journey.
Hiring a shipping company will be ideal for you if you want to ship a motorcycle by truck.
When you follow this route, your bike will be packaged inside a fully-enclosed wood or steel crate as it will be sent along with other business and industrial equipment. This helps the transportation business to maximize its load and decrease expenditures.
Using a motorcycle transport service is typically dependable and quick. The typical delivery period can be from three to seven days to most locations in the United States.
Keep in mind that this just accounts for the amount of time spent in transit and does not take into account the amount of time necessary for you to prepare the motorcycle for travel. Transport companies are there to provide you with a dependable service, so you can count on your bike arriving when it is scheduled to and in one piece.
This is because these firms make their money by being timely and providing a reliable service. So the quicker your motorcycle gets there, the sooner you'll be able to get out on the road.
Motorcycles need to be handled with care. With vehicle shipping specialists like the team at A-1 Auto Transport, you can trust your motorcycle will be looked after throughout the shipping process.
3) Shipping Service
Employing a shipping company that has a reputation worthy of five stars is by far the most secure alternative for transporting your motorcycle. Many services operate in the same manner as marketplaces, enabling skilled drivers to compete with one another by placing bids in an effort to get your delivery.
Make sure to do your research to ensure that you get the best price and work with a company that you feel the most comfortable entrusting with the care of your motorcycle.
According to price comparison experts, the most secure and economical choice is to use a shipping service if you won't be moving your motorcycle more than three times in a calendar year. You can opt for an open or enclosed shipment depending on your preferences, the amount of money available, and the season.
When you choose open transport, your motorcycle will almost always be transported on a lengthy trailer with two levels. In contrast, when you choose the enclosed shipping method, your bike will be transported using a vehicle carrier attached to a completely enclosed trailer.
When using a trailer, ensure you have researched what equipment is required and how to properly load your motorcycle onto the trailer.
Not only do you need to consider the secure placement of the bike, but you also need to reduce the risk of scratching the paint job by making sure the motorcycle's position is correct for transit and follows other considerations for safe storage.
5) DIY Motorcycle Transport
Some motorcyclists believe that the best way to carry their prized possession over land is to forego motorcycle shippers and other services and move the motorcycle themselves.
You must take extra precautions by going down this route without professional advice. However, this can be a favorable option if you are going a short-to-moderate distance and would like to make the most of your vehicle.
Further Details on Motorcycle Shipping
Step 1: Determine the type of trailer you wish to use to transport your motorcycle
When shipping a motorcycle, you must decide whether you want to use an open or enclosed trailer to transport it. While an open trailer will save you money and give substantially greater protection for your vehicle while it is traveling, an enclosed trailer will provide this protection.
Step 2: Find quotes
Conduct an online search for companies that ship motorcycles or automobiles, and then get several motorcycle shipping price estimates for your shipment. Consider both the freight cost and the desired service level (door-to-door, open or enclosed trailer, crating, etc.).
Utilizing a website that compares companies on your behalf is the most effective method for comparing the prices offered by several motorcycle shipping providers. Remember that the type of motorcycle and business location can influence the quotes.
Step 3: Schedule the service
As soon as you have decided on a carrier, it is imperative that you swiftly arrange your service to secure a spot on their schedule.
It usually takes around five days to send something across the country, so you should probably give yourself a window of three days for pick-up and delivery to account for any unforeseen complications.
Step 4: Document the condition of your motorcycle
It is vital that you document the condition of your motorbike before shipping it. If you do not do so, the carrier may not be responsible for any dents or scratches that may occur while the motorcycle is in its care. Take shots of your motorcycle from all different vantage points to capture its full beauty.
Step 5: Prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Your motorcycle should be ready to ride as soon as it is delivered because, in most cases, you do not need to drain the petrol tank or disconnect the battery before shipping it. Be sure that your saddlebags or tour packs are tight, and don't attach any of your personal belongings, such as your helmet, to the motorcycle.
Step 6: Consider additional insurance
There is a good chance that the insurance coverage provided by most shippers will not be sufficient to cover the total worth of your motorcycle. Therefore, if your bike is very expensive, you might want to look into obtaining additional coverage.
Step 7: Ship your motorcycle
Your motorcycle will be picked up by the carrier after they have met with you. However, you could try bringing the motorcycle to the shipper's depot if this helps speed up the process for you.
What Qualities Should a Motorcycle Shipping Company Have?
- Motorcycle expertise. Find a business that focuses specifically on motorbikes. Experienced professionals can guarantee reliable motorcycle shipping. In all likelihood, a run-of-the-mill automobile shipper is capable of completing the task at hand; nevertheless, you require something more for your bike.
- Look for a website page dedicated to motorcycle shipping or a company that pops up when you search for motorcycle shipping. This is a good indicator that the website in question provides a great deal of helpful information that is most pertinent to you.
- Affordable rates. The price is important. The average cost of shipping a motorcycle is roughly $880; hence, you should look for a motorcycle mover who charges less without compromising the service they provide.
- Binding prices. It is not unusual for you to incur an additional cost of approximately 25 percent by the time that you pay your bill. Find a firm that specializes in transporting motorcycles and offers guaranteed price quotes.
- Years of experience. There is a direct correlation between age and credibility. At least ten years of service to motorcyclists and other customers needing auto freight is recommended as a guarantee of reliable service.
- Additional insurance. Suppose your motorcycle is destroyed while being transported by a professional motorcycle shipping company. In that case, it is preferable if the company possesses more extensive liability coverage than the minimum required by law.
- The best companies that ship motorcycles often provide additional insurance benefits, such as cash for your deductible or gap coverage.
- Customer reviews. We highly recommend you check reviews from various websites, such as Yelp, Google Reviews, and Transport Reviews, to get a reliable impression of the company.
The Best Motorcycle Shipping Company
Moving across the nation, traveling on vacation, attending a motorcycle rally, or purchasing something from a seller in a different state are all situations in which you might find it necessary to transport your motorcycle.
Regardless of the cause, you want to be sure that your motorcycle is in safe hands by using a trustworthy company with experience transporting motorcycles and other specialized vehicles.
A-1 Auto Transport is a nationwide motorcycle shipping service with an advanced network of experienced professionals. Get in touch today for your free transport quote.