The relocation of a motorcycle can be done with the help of a dependable and trustworthy shipping company. Take to the Internet when you begin your search for a reliable transport company. Often times, a company will have customer reviews and ratings on their website.
Read over these comments. They will help you get a better feel for how the Draper transport company treats their customers and their possessions being shipped.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Will I Have to Choose from for My Shipping Process?
When it comes to transporting a motorcycle to another state, there are quite a few methods deemed successful by past customers. All of these are safe options, especially in contrast to riding the bike there yourself. The prices will vary seeing as some of the transport methods are considered to be safer than others. If the company offers insurance during the motorcycle's transport, you might want to take advantage of the extra purchase.
- Crated Shipping - This method requires the bike to be drained of all fluids. The battery must be disconnected and sometimes the handlebars and mirrors will need to be removed. The bike is then strapped to a wooden pallet and placed inside an enclosed container.
- Enclosed Shipping - The bike is placed inside a trailer.
- Open Air Shipping - The motorcycle is placed on top of a flatbed trailer which could leave it open to the possibility of poor road or weather conditions.
- Terminal to Terminal - The motorcycle will need to be dropped off at a shipping terminal and retrieved at another one closer to Lexington.
- Door to Door - The hauler will come pick the motorcycle up from wherever it is stored, then take it to the destination in Lexington in which you specified.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.