- Car Transport Decatur Near Me
- Decatur Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Ship Car To Another State
- Cost To Ship Car To Another State
- Interstate Towing
- Transport Car To Another State
- Using Decatur, Alabama Vehicle Transport Companies
- Decatur, Alabama Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Car Transport America
- Hansen & Adkins Auto Transport
- United Road Services West Point
- Decatur Neighborhood Areas We Serve
- Decatur Includes Zip Codes
- Related Information & Faq
Car Transport Decatur Near Me
Welcome to the definitive resource for shipping a car in Decatur, Alabama! A-1 Auto Transport has nearly 30 years of industry experience and ships vehicles of all types to locations around the world, either to a delivery terminal or to a specific location.
Decatur Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From Decatur||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Decatur to Memphis||$115||191 miles||2 - 3 days|
|Atlanta to Decatur||$140||233 miles||2 - 3 days|
|Cleveland to Decatur||$382||637 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Decatur to Denver||$763||1272 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Decatur to Phoenix||$968||1613 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Las Vegas to Decatur||$1062||1770 miles||5 - 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
In the sections below, we’ll discuss what not to do when assessing auto shippers, how to get a discount and explain some of the options available for overseas transport. The second section includes a directory of local companies in the area that offer services to and from Decatur.
Using Decatur, Alabama Vehicle Transport Companies
What Not To Do - While our auto transport tips generally focus on what you should do in order to find the right car shipper, there are definitely a few things you should make sure that you don’t do. Here is a short, but important, list of things to avoid when looking for the right company to move your vehicle:
- Getting only one estimate - There is no limit on how many companies you may contact or get price quotes from--take advantage of that and compare services!
- Accepting the lowest bid - Everyone wants to save money, but when you find an estimate that is significantly less than the others, there’s usually a good reason.
- Not researching companies - With a shipper’s licensing information, it’s easy to look up their company history and safety records using the resources available at the FMCSA website.
Inquire About Discounts & Specials - While they’re not always advertised, many auto shippers will offer discounts to their customers. These discounts can take many forms and may be different from company to company, but there is a good chance you can save some money by shopping around and asking about discount programs. Here are some common customers that receive price breaks from auto shipping companies:
- Members of the military (active duty & retired)
- College students and faculty
- Customers shipping multiple vehicles at once
- Scheduling roundtrip transport
- First-time shippers & online booking
- Discounts for seniors
- Snowbirds & seasonal travelers
These are just a few of the possible discounts available to you from auto shippers--just make sure you ask about discounts, even if they’re not explicitly mentioned.
International Transport: RORO v. Container - When you ship a car overseas or internationally, you still have a choice as to what method you use. The two most common ways to ship a car to another country are using RORO (roll on, roll off) and container shipping. Roll on, roll off transport means the car is driven onto a shipping boat and secured in the cargo area before making the trip. With container shipping, the vehicle is loaded into a shipping container that is then put onto a transport ship. One of the advantages of using container shipping is that you’re allowed to put personal items in the container with the vehicle, whereas other methods require that the vehicle is shipped on its own. A third option, though much more expensive, is air freight. Air freight is usually only recommended for extremely rare or high-end vehicles.
Visit the official website for the City of Decatur, AL to find out more about local businesses in the are and what they offer.
Read more about how to ship your car to Alabama.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Decatur, Alabama Auto Transport Companies Directory
Car Transport America
A regional auto shipper based out of Birmingham, Car Transport America moves boats and motorcycles, in addition to cars and standard autos. They have both open and enclosed carriers available to customers in Decatur.
1308 44th Pl N, Birmingham, AL 35212
Hansen & Adkins Auto Transport
Hansen & Adkins has been in business since 1994 and ships to locations in the southwestern and southeastern United States. They have some of the most modern carriers in the area and focus on implementing new technology into their services whenever possible.
250 Hyundai Boulevard, Montgomery, AL 36105
United Road Services: West Point
United Road ships cars throughout the continental U.S., as well as to Alaska (Anchorage). Their trucks are equipped with satellite tracking to provide their customers with real-time status updates.
2400 Webb Road, West Point, GA 31833
Decatur Neighborhood Areas We Serve
Our auto transport services are proud to help with your move in any of the neighborhoods you see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
|Griffin Addition||Whiteside||West Decatur|
Decatur includes ZIP codes:
35601, 35602, 35603, 35609, 35699.