Shipping a motorcycle to New Zealand or any other vehicle is easy to do when you hire A1 Auto Transport Service to transport for you. With over twenty years of service, you can expect only the best when you choose us.
Whether you’re shipping a Harley Davidson or an F1 Superbike, you can trust our agents will take good care of your bike while it’s away from you. Our agents can ship anywhere from the United States. We offer options such as door-to-door or door-to-port to make it easier for you. Just drop your motorcycle off where you are located and we will do the rest. We also offer convenient departure locations so you can pick up your motorcycle from any city or town.
Motorcycles most commonly leave from the west coast, Los Angeles, when headed for New Zealand because the travel on water is shorter from there than if the motorcycle left from New York or other locations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Ways to Ship your Motorcycle to New Zealand.
You will have three methods of shipping to choose from when organizing your shipping date to New Zealand. You can choose from air freight, Roll On/ Roll Off services, or container. If you choose the air shipping method, you will find that your motorcycle will reach New Zealand very quickly however it is the most expensive way to ship. If you choose the Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method, you will have a more affordable way to ship your motorcycle. This method of shipping is good if you have only one motorcycle to ship. Container shipping is more expensive than the Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping, however, your motorcycle will be placed in a container where you can share with others to save on costs. Motorcycles are cheaper to ship than automobiles using the container shipping method.
Important Notes for Shipping to New Zealand.
There are currently three ports that you can ship to – Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch. A1 Auto Transport agents can assist you when you are ready to ship. They can handle all customs documentation and ensure that you have everything you need to import and meet the requirements. You will need to familiarize yourself with the road requirements before you put your motorcycle on the road in New Zealand. Viewing the rules and regulations will help you to avoid any modification fees that could occur once you arrive. It will also prevent your motorcycle from being quarantined.
Paying Duties and Taxes.
Where you plan to go will determine how much you will pay in duties and taxes. You may be required to pay goods and service tax. If you are bringing your vehicle into New Zealand, you will have up to one year before you will be required to pay any taxes or fees. If you are moving to New Zealand, you will be exempt from the required duties and taxes as long as you can prove that you have been living outside of New Zealand over twenty-one months and have owned your bike for over a year. Your bike will also need to meet all road requirements.
Prior to Shipment.
You will need to prepare your motorcycle for shipping by doing the following:
- Disconnect the battery.
- Drain almost all fuel from the motorcycle except for what is in the reserve tank.
- Find a shipping crate for your motorcycle.
Unless other arrangements are made, your motorcycle will need to be shipped in a container that is shared with another so be sure to pack your motorcycle so it’s secured. Other items will most likely be packed around it. A1 Auto Transport can pack your motorcycle for you if you cannot find a crate. If you decide to build your crate yourself, you will need to make sure that the lumber you use is ISPM15. The GST is payable at 15% on the value of your motorcycle plus the freight and insurance cost. This is also known as CIF. You may qualify for the GST exemption when importing your motorcycle. It’s important to note that A1 Auto Transport will apply on your behalf to customs and each case is reviewed independently. If you meet all criteria you will be exempt. The criteria include:
- Be a first time immigrant to New Zealand or a returning citizen.
- If you have been living abroad, you must have been out of the country for more than twenty-one months.
- You will need to sign a deed and agree that you will not sell your motorcycle for at least two years.
- You must be the owner of the motorcycle for at least twelve months.
- You will need to actually be in New Zealand in order to claim the exemption.
You will need to have the following documentation:
- Proof that you are the owner of the motorcycle for at least twelve months.
- Provide your purchase receipt for your motorcycle or you will need a current New Zealand valuation provided from a local dealer. These documents will container the weight, dimensions, and the location of your motorcycle. This will be used to calculate the amount of freight you will pay.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory