Cordova, Alaska Professional Auto Transport
Cordova is a very small city in Alaska and there are no roadways at all that lead into the area. To get to Cordova, residents and visitors must either take a ferry or fly in from another city. The climate is very cold with temperatures seldom rising above 55 degrees in the summer so be prepared to bundle up as you are running errands or heading to work in the area. The primary resource for income in Cordova is commercial fishing. More than half the local residents work in the fishing industry in one capacity or another.
There are several large festivals in Cordova that bring many tourists the area by sea and air to see birds and other wildlife, as well as music and dancing, food and locally, made arts and crafts. There are also a few museums and small art galleries as well as many locally owned shops. During the winter, snow skiing is popular in Cordova and the snow covered hills bring many ski enthusiasts to the area. Hiking and other woodland recreation are popular throughout the year.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Cordova to Salt Lake City||$1165||2913 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Cordova to Las Vegas||$1332||3330 miles||7 - 12 days|
|San Diego to Cordova||$1362||3405 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Cordova to Indianapolis||$1480||3701 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Houston to Cordova||$1656||4142 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Cordova to New York||$1694||4237 miles||7 - 12 days|
|New Orleans to Cordova||$1737||4343 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Cordova to Jacksonville||$1838||4597 miles||7 - 12 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Shipping to Cordova
Alaska has the least population of any state in the United States. There are many things to take into consideration when you are planning to move to Cordova or any other Alaskan city:
- You will find that there is no sales tax in Alaska nor is there an individual income tax that must be paid.
- Residents, even new residents, can apply with the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation and can receive an annual payment from the permanent fund dividend.
- All motor vehicles must be registered in Alaska within 10 days of residency.
- To register a vehicle you must go to a DMV office and pay the registration fee. You will also need to provide the clerk with the vehicle title and registration to change to an Alaskan title.
- You will need to ship your vehicle to a nearby seaport. Ports are located in Fairbanks and Anchorage. From there, the car can be flown or taken by ferry to Cordova.
- Always compare carrier companies before making a decision on the one to hire. Look for quality services for shipping as well as great customer service.
- Stay away from companies that under-price the average rates. These companies will often provide delayed or subpar service and your vehicle may be in the hands of unprofessional drivers and shipping personnel.
Cordova Auto Transport Directory
Wrightway Auto Carriers
Wrightway Auto Carriers have been in business for more than 60 years and they transport vehicles to and from Alaska as well as throughout the continental U.S. and Hawaii. They have shipping terminals in Anchorage and Fairbanks, Alaska as well as Tacoma, Washington. They are the largest auto transporter in the entire state. All vehicle shipping services are fully covered by insurance and all drivers are professionally trained and have excellent roadway experience with transporting all types of motor vehicles.
101 West Whitney Road, Anchorage, AK 99501
Lynden Transport is a carrier that hauls cars, trucks and SUV’s as well as boats, motorcycles and other motor vehicles and freight to Alaska from all states in the U.S. They offer competitive rates and fast service and they are fully registered with the US DOT and all services are fully insured and licensed.
202 Industry Road, Cordova, AK 99574
Cordova includes ZIP codes:
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇺🇸 Cordova - Valdez-Cordova, Alaska (AK) 99574
Our Services and Information
🇺🇸 Cordova - Valdez-Cordova, Alaska (AK) 99574
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August