Cordova, Alaska Professional Auto Transport
Cordova is a very small city in Alaska and there are no roadways at all that lead into the area. To get to Cordova, residents and visitors must either take a ferry or fly in from another city. The climate is very cold with temperatures seldom rising above 55 degrees in the summer so be prepared to bundle up as you are running errands or heading to work in the area. The primary resource for income in Cordova is commercial fishing. More than half the local residents work in the fishing industry in one capacity or another.
There are several large festivals in Cordova that bring many tourists the area by sea and air to see birds and other wildlife, as well as music and dancing, food and locally, made arts and crafts. There are also a few museums and small art galleries as well as many locally owned shops. During the winter, snow skiing is popular in Cordova and the snow covered hills bring many ski enthusiasts to the area. Hiking and other woodland recreation are popular throughout the year.
Shipping to Cordova
Alaska has the least population of any state in the United States. There are many things to take into consideration when you are planning to move to Cordova or any other Alaskan city:
- You will find that there is no sales tax in Alaska nor is there an individual income tax that must be paid.
- Residents, even new residents, can apply with the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation and can receive an annual payment from the permanent fund dividend.
- All motor vehicles must be registered in Alaska within 10 days of residency.
- To register a vehicle you must go to a DMV office and pay the registration fee. You will also need to provide the clerk with the vehicle title and registration to change to an Alaskan title.
- You will need to ship your vehicle to a nearby seaport. Ports are located in Fairbanks and Anchorage. From there, the car can be flown or taken by ferry to Cordova.
- Always compare carrier companies before making a decision on the one to hire. Look for quality services for shipping as well as great customer service.
- Stay away from companies that under-price the average rates. These companies will often provide delayed or subpar service and your vehicle may be in the hands of unprofessional drivers and shipping personnel.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cordova Auto Transport Directory
Wrightway Auto Carriers
Wrightway Auto Carriers have been in business for more than 60 years and they transport vehicles to and from Alaska as well as throughout the continental U.S. and Hawaii. They have shipping terminals in Anchorage and Fairbanks, Alaska as well as Tacoma, Washington. They are the largest auto transporter in the entire state. All vehicle shipping services are fully covered by insurance and all drivers are professionally trained and have excellent roadway experience with transporting all types of motor vehicles.
101 West Whitney Road, Anchorage, AK 99501
Lynden Transport is a carrier that hauls cars, trucks and SUV’s as well as boats, motorcycles and other motor vehicles and freight to Alaska from all states in the U.S. They offer competitive rates and fast service and they are fully registered with the US DOT and all services are fully insured and licensed.
202 Industry Road, Cordova, AK 99574
Cordova includes ZIP codes:
Auto Transport Services in Alaska (AK), USA
- Akutan, Alaska (AK)
- Aleutians West Census Area, Alaska (AK)
- Aleutians, East Borough, Alaska (AK)
- Anchorage, Alaska (AK)
- Anchorage County, Alaska (AK)
- Bethel, Alaska (AK)
- Bethel Census Area, Alaska (AK)
- Bristol Bay Borough, Alaska (AK)
- Chugiak, Alaska (AK)
- College, Alaska (AK)
- Cordova, Alaska (AK)
- Craig, Alaska (AK)
- Denali Borough, Alaska (AK)
- Dillingham Census Area, Alaska (AK)
- Fairbanks, Alaska (AK)
- Fairbanks North Star Borough, Alaska (AK)
- Haines, Alaska (AK)
- Haines Borough, Alaska (AK)
- Homer, Alaska (AK)
- Hoonah–Angoon Census Area, Alaska (AK)
- Hooper Bay, Alaska (AK)
- Houston, Alaska (AK)
- Juneau, Alaska (AK)
- Juneau City and Borough, Alaska (AK)
- Kenai, Alaska (AK)
- Kenai Peninsula Borough, Alaska (AK)
- Ketchikan, Alaska (AK)
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough, Alaska (AK)
- Kivalina, Alaska (AK)
- Kodiak, Alaska (AK)
- Kodiak Island Borough, Alaska (AK)
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Alaska (AK)
- Nome, Alaska (AK)
- North Pole, Alaska (AK)
- Palmer, Alaska (AK)
- Port Of Anchorage, Alaska (AK)
- Port Of Valdez, Alaska (AK)
- Port Of Barrow, Alaska (AK)
- Port Of Iliuliuk Harbor, Alaska (AK)
- Port Of Juneau, Alaska (AK)
- Port Of Ketchikan, Alaska (AK)
- Port Of Nikiski, Alaska (AK)
- Port Of Nome, Alaska (AK)
- Port Of Seward, Alaska (AK)
- Port Of Unalaska Island, Alaska (AK)
- Prudhoe Bay, Alaska (AK)
- Seward, Alaska (AK)
- Sitka, Alaska (AK)
- Soldotna, Alaska (AK)
- Wasilla, Alaska (AK)