Columbia, Tennessee Professional Auto Transport
Columbia is a city with an unusual claim to fame. They are the “Mule Capital of the World” as local residents will say and the city celebrates “Mule Day” each year which is a large festival that brings more than 200,000 people to Columbia for traditional local food, arts and crafts, music and dancing and a large livestock show. This event has been going on in Columbia since 1840 and has grown larger every year since the beginning. There’s something for everyone in Columbia including two large parks, Riverfront Park and Woodland Park, a brand new sports complex, summer playground and swimming programs for youth and adults. There are beautiful rolling hills through the woodland areas for hiking, camping, hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities. The city has a large children’s museum, free family movies in the park and even train rides at the local park. The downtown area is a shopper’s paradise with locally owned boutiques, clothing and shoe stores and much more. There is also a large, diverse collection of locally and nationally owned restaurants, lounges and café’s in Columbia.
For more information, for new residents and visitors, you can visit the City of Columbia website.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Louisville to Columbia||$220||220 miles||2-4 days|
|Columbia to Charlotte||$448||448 miles||2-4 days|
|Columbia to Pittsburgh||$456||608 miles||3-5 days|
|Columbia to Tampa||$541||721 miles||3-5 days|
|Columbia to Austin||$634||845 miles||3-5 days|
|Minneapolis to Columbia||$696||928 miles||3-5 days|
|Salt Lake City to Columbia||$1003||1672 miles||5-7 days|
|Sacramento to Columbia||$1142||2283 miles||6-8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Shipping a Car to Columbia
Getting a transporter to relocate your car to Columbia is the safest way to move it as well as the best way to save money. Use these tips from A-1 Auto Transport to ensure that your car is transported safely:
- Ask to see proof of insurance from the transporter and make sure all details of coverage are fully explained to you.
- Set a budget and then compare companies to see which, if any, offer the services you need and fall within your personal budget. Keep in mind that when choosing a company you should choose based on services and not on the price alone.
- Check the transporters reviews online. The Better Business Bureau and searching for transport reviews via Google are great ways to find customer reviews and feedback to see how well the company has performed for others.
- If you’re shipping a classic, antique or luxury car try to find a company that has enclosed transport. If you aren’t able to, or the price is too high, then request that the car be top loaded to help reduce the risk of exposure to the elements and debris. Having a car top loaded will cost a little more than bottom loading, but it is less expensive than an enclosed carrier.
- Plan to be present when the car is picked up. It’s best to take some time/date stamped pictures of the car before it’s loaded onto the carrier during the inspection. This not only allows you to have pre-delivery photos in case of accidental damage, but it also lets the driver know you’re paying close attention to all details of your vehicle. When the car is delivered be sure to compare the photos with the condition of the car upon arrival. If there is any damage at all be sure to call your agent and file a claim immediately. Damage seldom happens during professional auto transport, but it is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to protecting your assets by having pictures and being present when the car is picked up and delivered.
Columbia Auto Transport Directory
Mt. Pleasant Transfer Inc.
Mt. Pleasant Transfer Inc. has been a family-owned and operated company since 1965. This transporter provides automobile and freight forwarding services in all states of the continental United States. They have full accreditation from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the United States Department of Transportation. They offer seasonal and location discounts.
N Main St,
Columbia, TN 38401
Highway Star Auto Transport
Highway Star Auto Transport has excellent ratings and reviews for their transport services due to their reliability, affordable rates, and fast service. They provide door to door transport of motor vehicles to all 50 states in the U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii. Highway Star offers discounts to military, students and senior citizens.
8742 Tripple Oak Dr,
Lyles, TN 37098
Columbia includes ZIP codes
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.