Colchester, Vermont Professional Auto Transport
Colchester is small suburb city in Vermont located just north of Burlington. The economy in Colchester is in excellent shape and the city boasts the 4th largest revenue in the entire state. Retail sales is the largest money maker in the city and bring nearly $300 million to the area annually. Tourism is another great business in Colchester and thousands of people turn out annually for the Lake Champion Father’s Day Fishing Derby for father and sons to spend the day competing in various fishing competitions. New Yorkers and New Englanders tend to head to Colchester during the summertime to spend vacation time camping, fishing, and hiking in the lake and wilderness areas. The Colchester Theatre Company is an award-winning theater and is located on the campus of the local high school, Colchester High School. Residents of Colchester thrive with many outdoor activities and enjoy a great collection of local parks and recreation areas. There are employment opportunities in retail, manufacturing, agriculture and professional offices.
For further information about Colchester, you can visit the official city website.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Colchester to New York||$306||306 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Philadelphia to Colchester||$388||388 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Colchester to Detroit||$442||590 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Minneapolis to Colchester||$791||1319 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Colchester to St. Paul||$829||1383 miles||4 - 6 days|
|San Antonio to Colchester||$1006||2013 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Colchester to Las Vegas||$1055||2638 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Los Angeles to Colchester||$1162||2905 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Shipping a Car to Colchester
Shipping a car can be simplified by making sure your vehicle is ready for transport. Use these tips from A-1 Auto Transport to get your car fully prepared for transport:
- Cars are required to be inspected before they are loaded onto the carrier as well as when they are delivered. Your car should be washed so the driver can clearly see all areas of the surface of the vehicle. This is important as the inspection will be noted on the Bill of Lading for insurance purposes.
- Plan to be with the car at pickup and delivery so you can sign the Bill of Lading and also so you can make sure the paperwork is correct.
- Remove anything personal including paperwork from inside the car.
- Have an extra key made as per law the driver must have a key to the ignition as well as the doors and trunk.
- Disarm the car security system. An alarm setting off during transport can startle the driver and could cause an accident.
- Have the tires, brakes, and battery checked to make sure they are in good condition.
- Drive the car until the gas is down to around a quarter tank. Less fuel in the tank means the car will weigh less and that can help keep the cost of shipping down.
- Gather all of the transport paperwork and make sure you keep it in a safe place.
- Take time/date stamped pictures of the car on the day it is picked up. You will need to keep the pictures until the car is delivered.
- Exchange contact information with the driver in case there is an emergency.
Get a free, no obligation to buy, price quote for your shipment.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Colchester Auto Transport Directory
Farrington Transport is a locally owned and operated auto transport and trucking company. They have been in business for more than 5 years and they can haul all types of motor vehicles, equipment, and machinery. They have fair, reasonable rates for auto shipping and all transport is fully licensed and insured. Farrington can do local and long distance auto transport and they offer fast pick up and door to door delivery.
160 White Cap Road
Colchester, VT 05446
4H Leasing Fort Edward Express
4H Leasing Fort Edward Express is a trucking company located in New York. They provide auto transport to and from Colchester, Vermont and offer reliable door to door, open transport that is fully licensed and insured.
LAKE Shore Road
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
John T’s Transport
John D’s Transport is an auto transport and trucking company located just down the road from Colchester in Rutland, Vermont. They provide fully insured and bonded transport for cars, trucks and SUV’s as well as general freight. They also do auto repair and roadside assistance including battery boosts, tire changes, and lockout services.
43 Dorr Drive
Rutland, VT 05701
Colchester includes ZIP codes
05439, 05446, 05449.