What is California RV Transportation Services?
The process of shipping an RV isn’t as difficult as what might assume it would be in comparison to shipping a smaller vehicle. Of course, it is best left to the auto transport experts due to the vehicle’s size and weight. It takes durable hauling equipment to get the RV successfully delivered to its final home. There are many people that use RV shipping services throughout the world, including manufacturers and dealers. The services provided through a California RV transport company are affordable, safe and time efficient.
It’s important to research the transport company you hire to ship your RV before you pay for services. Look online for reviews and ratings, and go through their website to see what kinds of services they offer. Make sure they carry the proper licensing and insurance coverage.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, RV Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Preparing the RV to Ship out of California
- If you’re delivering the RV overseas, contact the embassy of the nation that you’re delivering to. They’ll give you the latest import regulations and tax rates. You must fulfill any requirements in order to obtain the certificate of import approval from Customs.
- Close and latch all doors, windows, cupboards and drawers. Make sure all wall hangings, artwork and home décor is also secured or put away for the transport.
- Disconnect all power or gas activated appliances and electronics.
- Fill the tires with air and make sure they’re in good condition.
- Check all fluid levels and make sure there aren’t any leaks. If you spot any, have them repaired before the shipping date. It’s always wise to conduct routine maintenance before you have the RV delivered overseas.
- Remove all valuable items from the RV as well as personal items. The transport company will not be held responsible for such items if they were to end up lost or stolen.
- All lights must function properly. Check the hitch and tow bar as well to ensure they are properly secured and hooked up.
- Take pictures of the inside and outside of the RV. Document any damages that you are aware of before the vehicle takes off with the transporter.
- Have any instructions written up and prepared as well as the keys to the RV by the time the transport professionals arrive for its pickup.