Safe And Reliable Calhoun Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The City of Calhoun is one of the many destinations we ship bikes to. Motorcycle owners here have had experiences with incredible shipping services offered by A-1 Auto Transport. They have been streaming in to book shipping services because of reasons such as:
- Transporting motorcycles from overseas dealers to buyers in Calhoun.
- Shipping motorcycles from manufacturers to dealers.
- Transportation of scramblers when relocating to or from Calhoun. This is done when the owners choose other means as the primary mode of transport to their new address, meaning they won’t ride their bike to their destination.
- Avoiding tear and wear on motorcycles especially for exotics and classics.
- Transportation of salvaged motorcycles.
- Shipping bikes to mechanics especially those involved in road crashes or are simply inoperable.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Crated motorcycle shipping. This shipping method makes use of wooden crates. Before packing your motorcycle, the crates must be designed to leave a perimeter of protection around the bike.
- Enclosed trailer shipping. The trucks used for this shipping method are covered on all sides and have a protective roof. The trailers can operate in any weather including the most severe.
- Open-air trailer shipping. Shipping your motorcycle a few states away will be fine when you hire A-1 Auto Transport services. We, however, advise our beloved customers to request for open truck shipping when the weather is favorable.
- Motorcycles will be packed and loaded in metal containers. Ours are not the typical transit goods containers. They have been specially made to ship motorcycles.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Before the start of your motorcycle shipping, there are some activities you should do. This is what determines the state in which your motorcycle reaches the recipient. For a successful delivery, you should:
- Ensure an easy and more secure motorcycle handling by draining dangerous fluids. Hazardous fluids include the corrosive and inflammable
- Wobbly fittings on the motorbike should be either tightened or removed.
- Wash the motorcycle. This will make clearance at the customs easier.
- Check if there are damages that were hidden by dirt and record them.
- Taking images of the bike is required before shipping and after delivery. These images will be proof of its pre-shipping condition.
- Fold in the side mirrors to avoid breakage.
- Remove your personal items before shipping to avoid their damage.
- Check for slow punctures and inflate both rear and front tires.
- Prepare the travel papers in advance. Ensure the recipient receives copies of these too.
Persons choosing to ship bikes via the crating method are advised to remove the battery from the motorbikes. The acid is a very corrosive substance and will cause damage if spilled on surfaces.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Many questions should be asked by the motorcycle owner before trusting shippers with their million-dollar scramblers. Find the answers to the following questions if you want to locate a good shipping service.
- Do the motorcycle hauling companies respond to the customers’ queries in good time? The calls should be picked immediately when you call and the emails responded to instantly.
- Do the motorbike shipping firms have many methods to select from? Where there are several options, you are certain to get one that best suits your needs.
- Are the licenses and certificates that the shippers have approved by government agencies? These allow the shipper to move bikes to any USA location and to other countries too.
- Do the truck operators know the routes to use? Good knowledge of the roads in Calhoun by the drivers is a must if you want to avoid delivery delays.
- How many years of experience does the motorcycle shipper have? Experience of shipping should be around 20 years or more.
- How affordable are their shipping options? Ensure you hire shippers that accept your budget and are able to tailor their services to your needs.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- We offer tailored motorcycle services. If you can’t find the exact package you are looking for, it is probably because there is no one-size-fits-all shipping service. We will blend some of the services to come up with one superb shipping method suited to your needs. We also use alternative delivery methods like door-to-door shipping and port-to-port shipping.
- We have won many awards for several years. Through in-house remuneration programs, our best shippers are awarded gifts for their undying enthusiasm at work.
- We have offices for better transactions in every USA town. If you do not trust online dealings, for example, because of phishing and hacking activities, you can visit our agents in the offices and get attended to.
Our Calhoun motorcycle shipping services
- State-to-state motorbike shipping.
- Free motorcycle tracking.
- Secure motorcycle shipping and storage.
Talk to us!
Reach us using emails, visitations, and phone calls at any given time. If you want to call us, use our toll-free number 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.