Motorcycle shipping services are used on a frequent basis by many sellers, dealerships, manufacturers and other individuals. They are very cost effective and smart to take advantage of whenever you need to get a motorcycle securely from Caldwell to the another location in a short time frame.
With all of the equipment and tools a transport company has, they will make sure every bike is tightly secured according to the shipping method chosen at the time of the transport’s scheduling.
What Is Expected of Me?
Anyone booking a date with a transport company to get their motorcycle shipped elsewhere will have some requirements to fulfill. The transport company asks that each of their customers prepare the motorcycle for its travels.
- Wash the bike from dirt and debris. Make sure it is as clean as you can get it.
- Remove any items that were manufactured with the bike or any items that hang loosely.
- Check all of the fluids and top them off. Also check the tire pressure.
- Make sure the fuel tank is less than ¼ full.
- Take pictures and write down any preexisting damages on the bike. This will help you to do a final inspection.
- Disable the alarm system if there is one. The transport company might also ask for the battery to be disabled.
Not only will you need to prepare the bike as necessary, but make sure that you have all of the documents needed for the transport. These forms may include license, insurance certificate, the title and registration, and other similar proof. Ask the transport company what is needed from you while you are on the phone receiving your quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.