Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Barrow, Alaska
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Barrow Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The City of Barrow is also referred to as Utqiagvik, its native name which means ‘a place where snowy owls are hunted.’ It is the biggest city in the North Slope Borough and is also its economic, transportation and administrative hub. The area residents survive off of hunting, whaling, and fishing for food. Barrow is also a big oil and gas mining hub. Since it is located just 320 miles north of the Arctic Circle, the area experiences Polar climate which is cold and dry. It has the lowest temperatures in Alaska with summers characterized by cool temperatures even at their warmest.
If you are looking to shipping cars to or from Barrow, A-1 Auto Transport is your go-to company. We are one of the biggest and most respected names in auto hauling. We have been shipping cars and numerous other items to Alaska and around the globe for over 25 years. Our services are refined to reduce time wastage and costs. Our ratings and testimonials by satisfied customers offer a glimpse of our dedication and what to expect when you ship with us.
Areas we ship to or from Barrow
Barrow is not connected by road to the other cities, and towns in Alaska. When we are shipping cars to or from Barrow, we have to rely on barges in the summer and by air all year round. Although shipping to this area is generally more costly and challenging, we are able to do it in record time. We also ship to the neighboring towns, cities and suburbs such as College, Fairbanks, Nome, Wasilla, Palmer in Alaska, Lavrentiya, Provideniya, Egyekinot in Russia, and Aklavik, Tukytoyaktuk, Inuvik, Dawson City, Mayo, and Beaver Creek in Canada.
Services we provide
Our customers are spoilt for choice when it comes to the varieties of services on offer. The customer is even at liberty to customize the type of shipping service that best suits his needs. Our services include:
- Shipping for snowbirds
- Heavy equipment shipping
- Door to door shipping
- Freight shipping
- Shipping for college students
- Enclosed shipping
- Open-air shipping
- Air ride suspension
- Multi-car shipping
- International moving
- Domestic moving
- Dealer to dealer auto transport
- Terminal to terminal shipping
- Port to port shipping
- Military POV transport
The vehicles we ship
- The rugged and snowy terrains of Barrow are ideal for snowmobiling. There are some areas that cannot be accessed by ordinary vehicles. At A-1 Auto Transport, we can ship the different size and shapes that snowmobiles come in. we only use industrial skids and the right ties to secure the snowmobile.
- Truck shipping. When it comes to truck shipping, no other company has your back like A-1 Auto Transport does. We are one of the leading truck shipping companies who are insured, bonded, and certified to ship trucks to all the 50 states including Alaska and Hawaii. Over the years, we have shipped quite a number of trucks which include garbage trucks, dump trucks, firefighting trucks etc.
- Sports utility vehicles. SUVs are fast becoming popular in America. This is due to their reliability and flexibility of use. An SUV has foldable back seats which increase the trunk area to enable you to carry more luggage.
- The ocean is crucial to the residents of Barrow. They rely on it for food, income, and also as a source of water. Having boats is essential. We are a full-service boat shipping company that has shipped boats across the world for over 20 years.
How to prepare your car for shipping
If you intend on shipping cars to or from Barrow, there are a few things that you ought to do before handing your car over for shipping.
- Preparing for the cold weather. Since Barrow is predominantly cold, if you are shipping your vehicle from a warm climate area, you need to change the vehicle’s oil, hydraulics, and tires to those used in cold areas.
- Get rid of all personal items.
- Remove all aftermarket installations.
- Wash your car and document its condition.
- Run your gas tank down to the quarter level.
- Remove parking passes and toll tags.
- Disarm your alarm system.
Why ship with us?
We are a company that keeps our word. We honor timelines and will deliver your vehicle safely to your preferred destination. Our prices are also, very pocket-friendly.