Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Amarillo, Texas
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Amarillo Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The Amarillo metro area has more than 200,000 residents, making it the largest city and in the Texas Panhandle.
Amarillo is the largest city in the Texas Panhandle and the metro area claims more than 200,000 residents. The City of Amarillo, in Potter County, experienced early population growth as a result of its location on the Fort Worth Denver Railway’s main line that operated in Northern Texas for more than 100 years. Along Route 66 in Amarillo is one of the local attractions: the Cadillac Ranch. Depending on who you ask, it’s either a tribute to a classic American car, an automotive graveyard or the brainchild of an eccentric Texas millionaire.
Using Amarillo Vehicle Transport Companies
- Motorcycle Shipping – Shipping a motorcycle is not entirely different from transporting a car, but there are some points you should be aware of. For motorcycle transport, a process called creating is often used to protect the bike during the shipping process. A motorcycle shipping crate is designed specifically for long distance transport and is different than the manufacturer-designed crated. This is an important distinction–a transport crate for a motorbike should be made and fitted by a professional to ensure it’s properly protected.
- Removing Accessories – The basic rule of thumb when preparing a vehicle for transport is that if it can be removed, it should be. This includes any sort of removable external components such as antennas, mirrors, electronics and anything that adds to the dimensions of the vehicle. It’s also advised that non-permanent internal components be removed or stored prior to shipping to make sure they aren’t damaged during the course of transport over a long distance.
- Shipping Inoperable Vehicles – Standard auto transport requires that the vehicle is able to be driven or rolled onto the carrier and secured with a brake. If you need an inoperable vehicle shipped, additional fees typically apply and it should be noted at the time of your request since special equipment is required. In some cases, it’s a better idea to have the vehicle repaired before transport if possible, which is a decision you should discuss with the carrier before arranging for pickup.
For more information about businesses and services available locally, visit the official website for the City of Amarillo, Texas.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Amarillo Auto Transport Company Directory
Acme Car Shipping
A licensed and bonded auto shipper out of Lewisville, Acme Car Shipping has nationwide transport services for any type of vehicle. The have open and enclosed auto carriers available and also offer door-to-door vehicle shipping.
896 N. Mill St.
Lewisville, TX 75057
Lone Star Car Transportation
Lone Starships vehicles from coast to coast and specializes in dealer and auction auto transport, transport for online auctions, corporate vehicle relocation and manufacturer distribution. They also transport cars, trucks, and motorcycles for private owners and will ship inoperable vehicles as well.
4525 N. 1st St.
Abilene, TX 79603
Car Shipping America
Car Shipping America is based out of Fort Worth and ships everything from cars and trucks to boats and RVs. They offer both open and enclosed auto shipping options and can also transport oversize trucks, heavy machinery, and construction equipment.
7108 San Francisco Trail
Fort Worth, TX 76131
Amarillo Auto Resources
Amarillo Auto Services & Repair – A list of local auto repair shops and services that are accredited with the Better Business Bureau of the Texas Panhandle. There are also listings for specialists and related auto services in the area.
Panhandle Council of Car Clubs – A car club that meets monthly in Amarillo, the Panhandle Council of Car Clubs was started in 1981 as a means for getting car clubs in the Panhandle to join in local charity events. They have helped raise more than $1 million for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Amarillo includes ZIP codes:
79101, 79102, 79103, 79104, 79105, 79106, 79107, 79108, 79109, 79110, 79111, 79114, 79116, 79117, 79118, 79119, 79120, 79121, 79124, 79159, 79166, 79168, 79172, 79174, 79178, 79185, 79189.