Safe And Reliable Altoona Town Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Altoona is a flourishing town sitting between Etowah and Blount counties in Alabama. Most car owners face many challenges when transporting their vehicles, especially with a small town involved. A-1 Auto Transport has the right answers every time a challenge on shipping cars to or from Altoona town comes around.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Altoona Town to Nashville||$169||169 miles||1-2 days|
|Jacksonville to Altoona Town||$484||484 miles||2-4 days|
|Kansas City to Altoona Town||$542||723 miles||3-5 days|
|Houston to Altoona Town||$543||724 miles||3-5 days|
|Miami to Altoona Town||$601||802 miles||3-5 days|
|Philadelphia to Altoona Town||$630||840 miles||3-5 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas covered in Altoona, Alabama
Many transport companies concentrate their services in major towns and cities across the country. You might end up with a high shipping bill or a frustrating experience. A-1 Auto Transport is among the safest and most reliable transport companies in the country. We transport to all addresses in the town. We also cover all the counties in Alabama, including shipping services to all the 50 states in the US.
Auto transport services offered in Altoona
The idea of driving your car from the South Coast to the East or West Coast sounds like an exciting and irresistible one. It is a great experience if you have all the energy and the time to get on with it. Few people can afford to spend their time in such a way. That is the reason why you should have a reliable auto transport company in your address book.
Over the years, we managed to earn great trust from classic and high-end car owners. We will give your car the highest level of professional care and attention to guarantee safe delivery.
- Enclosed transportation will help to protect it from sunburn, road debris, dust and other external risks.
- We have a timely and reliable door-to-door service for safe delivery to your home.
- With enclosed transportation we can offer guaranteed shipping dates, so you won’t have to stress about when to expect your car to arrive.
Enclosed transport makes guaranteed delivery simple
If you are wondering why a guaranteed shipping and delivery date is available with enclosed transport when it may not be so easy with open air transport, it’s all because of the number of enclosed carriers on the roads. Enclosed carriers are far more expensive to purchase than open air trailers and trucks, and most trucking professionals want to move as many vehicles as possible at one time. The more they can haul, the more money they will make.
With an enclosed transport carrier, a driver can possibly hold up to four or even six cars inside the carrier depending on whether it is a single level or double level carrier. Some enclosed carriers only hold one car.
When we schedule a car for enclosed transport, we can get an accurate date for pickup and delivery because the driver with the enclosed transport carrier will have a detailed schedule mapped out showing where the truck will be and how long it will take to get where we need it.
When we schedule enclosed transport services, we can offer a date for pickup and delivery. If for some reason your delivery will be late, we will notify you ahead of time, so you can prepare. While we strive to deliver right on time, there are times when obstacles arise including foul weather (snow or icy roads), accidents, road closures and even other customers arriving late for pickup or delivery and these acts can cause delivery to be delayed.
Move everything along with your car
If you are going to use enclosed transport to ship your car, you can also ship along your personal property at the same time. An added benefit of enclosed transportation is the fact that a container, or sealed trailer can be used for cargo other than the vehicle itself which can be a great help for those who are moving or must relocate other belongings at the same time.
We also have economy car shipping options
We can handle transportation for 1-12 cars at once. The double decker open trailers have enough room to hold up to a dozen vehicles. You will get the lowest rates on shipping cars to or from Altoona town using the open-air option.
For open-air transport options, you must clear all personal items from inside the car. A spare tire and tire changing tools can be left in the trunk.
The reasons for this are straightforward.
- Transport carriers are only responsible for the vehicles they haul, and if personal property is lost or damaged, the insurance coverage will not cover it.
- Transport is based partially on the weight of the vehicle and personal property will increase the weight and the customer will be charged more.
- Loose items inside a vehicle can be dangerous if dislodged if the carrier must stop suddenly or if there is an accident.
- Loose items can cause damage to the vehicle interior and can also break windows and fly into other vehicles or people.
A-1 Auto Transport has affordable and reliable international automobile shipping solutions. The roll-on/roll-off standard has the lowest cost that you can find. We can place your car inside a shipping container when you have a high-profile car that you cannot risk exposing to external hazards.
- You can save on moving costs by shipping all your household items together with the car in an exclusive container.
- We also have shared containers that will help to lower your cost since you will share this with 4-6 other car owners.
- We have a lift-on/lift-off option for non-op and salvage vehicles.
The terminal shipping option will not only save you money, but is also quick and convenient if you live anywhere near the appointed terminals in Alabama.
Types of cars that we ship
We cover transportation for all kinds of automobiles, from as small as a motorcycle to as big as a bus or a yacht. We also offer freight shipping for farm and industrial equipment.
How to prepare your car for shipping
Leaving somebody else in charge of your vehicle can leave you feeling anxious throughout the process. The following checklist will help to keep you at ease as you prepare your car for shipping.
- Cleaning: Give the car a thorough wash just before the shipping date. Make sure that you inspect it for any chips, dents or scratches. You can take dated photographs of the existing damage and keep it for your records.
- Personal items: As a rule, most transport companies put limits on the number of personal items that you can carry inside the car. They include your CDs and DVD player if it is not factory installed.
- License plates: Apply for your new license plates at the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Insurance: Before you leave your car with the transporter, make sure that they have transit insurance for shipping cars to or from Altoona town. Ask for their insurance policy document to find out how much protection the car will get.
- Gasoline: It is good to fill up the car on gas when you are driving over a long distance, but not when you are shipping it. Too much gas will make the vehicle heavier and increases risks associated with spilling. Just keep about 1/4 of gas in the tank.
Why you can rely on A-1 Auto Transport
We have a highly skilled team of vehicle handlers to ensure that your car receives the best care. Our shipping experience goes beyond 20 years, with an unmatched success record with all our previous customers. We have shipping services to match the needs of institutional and private customers.
Get free quotes!
Driver’s License Office Oneonta Driver’s License Office
220 2nd Ave E Oneonta, AL 35121
Vehicle tags and titles can be obtained at the same address as the driver’s license office. You can also contact the tag office by calling: 205-625-4114.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.