This article is not about how to get the cheapest but the most affordable auto transportation. This is because quality services must be compensated. Companies offering cheap prices offer cheap services or are scammers. However, you can get a quality service at a good price. This is important because you do not want to pay high prices for no reason. Now, here are 10 hacks to get you affordable auto transportation
Before settling on your transporter, get about five quotes from reputable companies. Make a comparison and choose the best price. Usually, companies will have different prices depending on their clientele. Use a shipper who offers good prices for your category.
Plan your shipment in advance
Most companies will charge an extra fee for late bookings. To encourage more customers, transporters offer reduced prices for early bookings. You can even book your future shipment when the season. For instance, book your summer shipping during winter when the prices a low.
Note that delivery time also affects the pricing for companies. To get reduced prices, allow the company to deliver your vehicle within the given window. If you need faster delivery, be ready to part with a buck.
Take advantage of discounts
Auto transport companies offer various discounts and promotions at various throughout the year. For example, we offer discounts for various customer categories. You are likely to find these discounts if you ship during the company’s anniversary, or you are a first time customer, in the military, a student, and so on. Discounts are a company’s way of appreciating their clients. So you are sure to get the usual quality services at a better price. Do your research online, check adverts, and newspapers for these promotions.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Negotiate the prices
You will find the price estimate for auto transport companies online. Just as the name suggests, these are estimates and not actual prices. Once you are ready to do your shipping, ask to negotiate the price. Auto transport companies are always willing to win deals and will listen to you. If you do not trust your skills, enlist a broker who is trustworthy. Brokers partner with carriers to give you affordable auto transportation. Remember to be nice.
Everyone wants conveniences. The process of booking a shipment physically is tedious and inconveniencing to auto transporters. However, if you book online, you are likely to get better prices. The online method is also convenient for you. Beware of scammers who rush to ask for money or your card details online. The booking process should be secure.
Ship during the low seasons
Just like other industries, the shipping companies have high and low seasons. This seasonality also affects prices. If you have a flexible schedule, choose to ship during the off-peak seasons. Research shows that most companies will charge $200-$300 more per trip during peak seasons.
Ship more items
An auto transport company would be happy to get more business from you. If you have several vehicles to be shipped, use one company at the same time. Ensure that you mention this as you get a price quote.
Use a convenient payment method
You will find that companies accept various payment methods such as cash, credit cards, and checks. Depending on your shipper, one method may be preferable over the other. The less preferred method usually attracts a surcharge. To avoid paying more, research your company’s payment methods and use the best one.
Use an affordable shipping option
There are four basic shipping options offered by transporters. These services vary in pricing.
- Door to door: the vehicle is picked from your preferred location and is delivered to your location. It is convenient but will cost you more. If you live near your transporter’s terminal, take the car instead.
- Terminal to terminal: here, you take the vehicle to and pick it from the transporter’s terminal. You may incur an extra storage charge if the vehicle stays on the terminus before or after shipping.
- Open transport: this method transports your vehicle in an open trailer. It is more affordable that the enclosed transport.
Use the same company over and over again
If you do your research well and find a reliable company, you do not need to repeat this process again. Use the same company again and be sure to let them know. A good company will scratch your back for the repeat business.
If you need an affordable quote, contact us.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?