Haines, Alaska Professional Auto Shipping
Haines is a beautiful small city of around 2500 people near Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve. Haines has one of the largest annual appearances of bald eagles in the world. Each year between October and February, the Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve hosts events pertaining to bald eagles and bird enthusiasts travel to the area to see the eagles in their natural habitats.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Haines to San Jose||$1056||2640 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Haines to Omaha||$1167||2918 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Las Vegas to Haines||$1183||2959 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Haines to Kansas City||$1239||3098 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Dallas to Haines||$1414||3535 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Washington, D.C. to Haines||$1536||3840 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Boston to Haines||$1654||4135 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Miami Beach to Haines||$1809||4524 miles||7 - 12 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Other popular events in Haines include white water rafting on the Chilkat River, snow skiing near Chilkat Pass and hiking and camping in the Takshanuk Mountains. This is definitely a city that is great for those that enjoy wide, open outdoor areas and the beautiful natural scenery of the mountains. There are also several Alaskan Indian art festivals and celebrations held at various times during the year.
For more information about Haines you can visit the official city website. The website has a great video log of the local area as well as local attractions, public events and information for those that are new to the area.
Continue here to learn more about shipping a car to Alaska.
Shipping to Haines
Shipping a vehicle to Haines will take a little more preparation that if you were shipping just across town. Use these tips from A-1 Auto Transport to have your car ready to go when shipping day arrives:
- When shipping a vehicle from the continental United States, you need to provide the transporter proof of vehicle ownership. They will usually need to see your original vehicle title and registration as well as your personal photo identification.
- Your car shipper will most likely handle the details of moving your car from the shipping port to your new location in Haines but you should be aware that when shipping a vehicle to Alaska there are two main shipping ports and the car will be moved by more than one company during the process.
- If you are making a complete relocation you may want to consider hiring an all-in-one moving company that can handle your home furnishings as well as your automobile. This can save you time as well as money in the long-run.
- Your car needs to be fully prepared for Alaska car shipping by making sure it is clean inside and out and has no personal content left inside. You will also need to remove items from the outside of the car that may fall off during transport including ground effect lighting, rear spoilers, luggage racks and other loose accessories.
- Your gasoline should be lowered to around a quarter tank and with the temperature differences from extremely cold to even hot, the antifreeze should be filled to help prevent the engine from freezing or overheating.
Haines Auto Transport Directory
Trans-World Moving Systems
Trans-World Moving Systems coordinates both household and office moves as well as motor vehicle transport throughout the state of Alaska. They can pick your vehicle up from the shipping port in Anchorage or Fairbanks and transport it to your new location in Haines or to other areas of the state. They not only offer transport services but they also provide storage options at their local Anchorage facility. This company is fully licensed, insured and bonded and has excellent ratings and reviews from previous customers.
400 West 70th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99518
Haines includes ZIP codes:
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.