Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Akutan, Alaska
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Akutan, Alaska Professional Auto Shipping
Akutan is a small city with a local population of just over 1000. The city is located in the Aleutian Islands area and has many beautiful areas for fishing and other water related enjoyment. Commercial fishing is the largest employment opportunity in Akutan and there are several locations for charter fishing as well as boating from the local harbor. Fish such as halibut, herring and salmon as well as clams, cattle and wild game birds are prevalent on the island. There is a small airport in Akutan and Grant Aviation is the only airline that currently flies in or out. Grant Airline is a small subsidiary of Delta Airlines and is privately owned and operated. They currently fly to around 100 locations in Alaska. Akutan has no property tax at all which makes owning property low cost for newcomers. They have small taxes on fishing that include a 1% raw fish tax in the city and a 2% raw fish tax in the county.
Learn more about shipping a car to Alaska.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Akutan to Anchorage||$570||761 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Akutan to Seattle||$1351||2278 miles||7 – 12 days|
|Akutan to Denver||$1718||4297 miles||7 – 12 days|
|Los Angeles to Akutan||$1804||4512 miles||7 – 12 days|
|Dallas to Akutan||$2002||5005 miles||7 – 12 days|
|Atlanta to Akutan||$2162||5406 miles||7 – 12 days|
|Akutan to New York||$2192||5481 miles||7 – 12 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Shipping to Akutan
Keep these tips in mind when shipping a vehicle to Akutan:
- When you are planning to move to Akutan you should be aware that the winter months can lead to quite treacherous weather and can severely hamper the road conditions in the small city. Having an SUV or other motor vehicles that has 4-Wheel Drive is suggested, especially when the weather is icy and cold.
- If you want to make sure the vehicle is fully protected from the wind, snow, ice and other possible weather issues, you may want to ask about having the car shipped in an enclosed shipping container as it is being shipped to Alaska and inside an enclosed truck once it reaches Alaska.
- You may also ship via Ro-Ro transport when shipping from the lower 48 and then on an open transport truck once the vehicle reaches Alaska. Open, or ro-ro transport is the least expensive option to ship a vehicle. Traveling through some areas of Alaska and into Akutan you may find treacherous weather conditions and will want an enclosed carrier instead.
- Regardless of the type of transport carrier that you choose, be sure that the company you hire has valid insurance and that the coverage amount is enough for your vehicle. Also, check with your own insurance company and make sure your auto insurance is valid during the time the car is being shipped.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Akutan Auto Transport Directory
Alaska Car Transport
Alaska Car Transport transports cars, trucks and other vehicles to and from Alaska from the continental United States. They are fully licensed and insured and offer safe and reliable transport to all customers. They can move the car with open and enclosed transport from the shipping ports in Anchorage and Fairbanks to locations throughout the entire state. They are registered with the United States Department of Transportation and have accreditation with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
Akutan includes ZIP codes: