Transporting a motorcycle out of the City of Hailey is a simple process when it's handled by a reliable transport company. Of course, it's possible to ride the bike where it needs to go.
However, that would put a lot of extra mileage on it and leave it susceptible to the possibility of damage. Transporting it is a much safer way of getting the bike out of Hailey.
The Transport Methods Available in Idaho.
When you have made the good decision to use professional shipping services, consider all your options. Before selecting a company to go through or a method to use for your motorcycle's shipping process, ask questions. There are many methods of motorcycle transport to choose from, so keep your budget in mind and select a method you feel is safest for the motorcycle.
- Enclosed shipping is when the motorcycle's transported in an enclosed container.
- Crated shipping requires thorough preparation, but is one of the safest methods. The bike's strapped down to a wooden pallet for stability and placed inside a tight container.
- Open air shipping is a cheaper method where the bike's shipped on top of a flatbed trailer. This method isn't the safest, but can be just fine for shorter distances of transport.
- Terminal to terminal means that the motorcycle is dropped off at one shipping terminal and retrieved at another one.
- Door to door delivery is a convenient service where the company comes to pick the bike up wherever it is at. They then drop it off at the door of the location you specified.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.