Shipping a motorcycle safely to Anchorage, Alaska can be done with just a little bit of research. By paying attention to the reviews and ratings that people give, it will be much easier to find a shipping company that is reliable. Regardless of whether or not you are moving or just staying in Anchorage a while, it is a great idea to have your bike shipped over too.
With Anchorage being the most populous city in Alaska, there is plenty to do. Venturing through the city on a motorcycle will make reaching your destination easier and allow you to travel the many roads outside of the city to view the broad wilderness that Alaska has to offer. From winding roads through mountains to many different wild animals, there is a lot to be desired by any motorcyclist.
What Shipping Methods Can Be Used for Motorcycle Shipping?
Prior to shipping a motorcycle to Anchorage, you will have to consider the variety of ways to ship a motorcycle. All of them are dependable, but some of them are a bit safer than others. Most shipping companies will give their customers several options and even offer insurance during shipping.
Methods Of Motorcycle Shipment:
- Crated shipping is the safest form of shipment. The motorcycle will be placed on a wooden pallet and strapped down. Then, it will be placed within a container. The fluids must be drained and the battery will need to be disconnected.
- Open air shipping will mean that the bike is placed on the back of a flatbed and tied down. It is open to the possibility of poor weather and road conditions.
- Enclosed shipping is when the bike is placed within an enclosed a trailer for shipment. This is another safe method of transport.
- Terminal to terminal is when the motorcycle must be dropped off at a terminal and retrieved from another terminal.
- Door to door shipping is when the shipping company comes to your home and retrieves the motorcycle and then drops it off at another terminal for you to pick it up.
Anchorage, AK Motorcycle Shipping Companies.
Alaska Auto Transport
4600 Gambell St.
Anchorage, AK 99503.
Auto Transport Alaska
2000 E. 68th Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99507.
United Road Services
467 W. Chipperfield Dr.
Anchorage, AK 99517.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.