Vehicles are transported every single day. Dealerships, businesses, and individuals take advantage of these services all of the time due to the security and efficiency of the service. Many motorcycle owners, sellers, collectors, and buyers also use these services frequently. When a motorcycle needs to get from one part of the nation to the other, riding it there would be timely and costly. It could also devalue the bike by adding on mileage and possibly causing it minor damages while on the road. So, when you need your motorcycle taken from Palmer, Alaska to one of the southern states, look into motorcycle transport services.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Proper Way to Prep Your Bike for Shipping.
Getting your bike ready for its travels with a transport company is essential to its integrity. Many auto transport companies will ask that you prepare the bike accordingly so that it is delivered in its best and most pristine shape. Some of the requests are for its and the driver’s overall safety.
- Wash the motorcycle and make sure there is no dirt or debris left behind.
- Take off any items that didn’t come on the bike after it was manufactured. Any loose items could easily become damaged or lost during the shipping process.
- Disable the alarm if there is one and some transport companies will ask that you also disable the battery.
- Leave the fuel less than ¼ of a tank full.
- Write down or snap pictures of the motorcycle and any preexisting damage such as dents, rust, chips in the paint, or other visible markings.
By writing down the damages that the bike might already suffer from and snapping photos of the bike before it is shipped, you will have something to go by when you inspect the bike again after its arrival to the next location. If you notice any damages that must’ve been accrued during its travels with the transport company, inform the driver so that they can write out a report for you to sign. This will allow you to file an insurance claim through the company’s insurance holder.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?