As the 4th most populous city in the state of Alaska, Sitka has a lot to be desired. Facing the Gulf of Alaska, the city has a beautiful coastline and a great road network perfect for motorcycling. Whether you plan on taking a ride through the city’s limits or exploring the vast lands of Alaska, shipping a motorcycle to Sitka is worth it.
By finding a company with good reviews and ratings from past customers, it shows that they have credibility. This is a great way to find a company that can be relied on for shipping your motorcycle safely. Just make sure to choose a shipping method you feel safe with and to purchase insurance for the bike during its shipment. Many of the shipping companies will offer this insurance.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods of Motorcycle Shipment and the Requirements.
There are a variety of different motorcycle shipment methods to take advantage of depending on the company you choose to go with. Some of these methods are seemingly safer than others which might make the cost a bit higher, but when it comes to the safety of your bike, you will need to decide if the rate of shipment is worth it to you.
- Enclosed Shipping.
- Crated Shipping.
- Open Air Shipping.
- Terminal to Terminal.
- Door to Door.
The requirements for motorcycle shipment are basically standard concerns that will need to be addressed. Motorcycle shipment can’t occur without them and if it does, it could lead to complications during shipment.
- The motorcycle’s fluids will need to be checked. The battery and tire pressure will also need to be examined.
- Wash the bike. Make sure it is free of all dirt and debris.
- Remove any loose or unnecessary items from the bike.
- Make sure the fuel is no more than a ¼ of a tank full.
- Note any existing damages and take pictures. This includes scratches, dents and anything else that might be noteworthy.
Alaska Motorcycle Transport Companies Available.
1489-1477 Sawmill Creek Rd.
Sitka, AK 99835.
4600 Gambell St.
Anchorage, AK 99503.
2820 Legacy Dr.
Anchorage, AK 99516.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?