Transporting a motorcycle to Juneau, Alaska is quite simple. It all comes down to finding the right company to carry out the transport. This means, you will want to find a company that is safe and that can be trusted. Some shipping companies are known for their poor shipping services, but with the help of A1 Auto Transport, finding one that you can depend on is much easier.
Juneau is the capital of Alaska. It houses theaters, music festivals, and much more. Being that it is surrounded by glaciers, keeping up with the roadways is costly, but the state manages to keep them well maintained. With much to see in Juneau and its surroundings, it is a wonderful place to travel through on a motorcycle during the warmer weather months.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Methods of Motorcycle Transport.
When it comes to the shipping process, there are several methods of motorcycle shipment that one can take advantage of. However, not all of these methods will be offered by a company. So, if you are certain about the method of shipment you want for your motorcycle, you will have to call around and find a company that offers it. Keep in mind, that many of these companies will also offer insurance during the shipment of a motorcycle. This will help keep the bike safer.
- Open Air Shipping: The bike is placed on the back of a flatbed or open trailer. It might be harmed by poor weather or road conditions.
- Enclosed Shipping: The bike is placed in an enclosed container for shipment. This is one of the safer options.
- Crated Shipping: The motorcycle is drained of all fluids, the battery is disconnected, and the mirrors and handlebars may need to be removed. The motorcycle is then strapped down to a wooden pallet and placed within an enclosed container.
- Terminal to Terminal: The bike will need to be dropped off at a terminal for shipment and then will need to be picked up at another terminal in or near Juneau. This could be a hassle if a terminal isn't near your location.
- Door to Door: The motorcycle is picked up from your home and dropped off wherever you may need it to be.
Juneau Motorcycle Shipment Companies.
Alaska Auto Transport
4600 Gambell St.
Anchorage, AK 99503.
R B Logistics & Shipping Service
2820 Legacy Dr.
Anchorage, AK 99516
Auto Transport Alaska
2000 E. 68th Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99507
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.