Looking for a motorcycle transport company near Homer, Alaska is easier than you might believe it to be. There are many wonderful services in the vast area to take advantage of. Most of them are capable of providing services to those with any type of vehicle, even motorcycles. You are even able to transport multiple bikes at a time, henceforth, transport companies a thriving service. Motorcycle dealerships are especially habitual users of these shipping services.
All drivers and employees of a transport company are trained to secure the cruisers onto the hauler safely. The drivers then take the quickest and safest routes to the next location. If any obstacles arrive while en route, the driver will carefully decide on how to avoid the situation so that the bike doesn’t risk any damage during its travels.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Do I Need to Do to Prepare the Bike for Transport?
Obviously if the motorcycles are brand new and never driven, there won’t be much preparation necessary. Nevertheless, it is best to have the bikes prepared properly for transport as to not make it more difficult on the transport company and its drivers.
- Leave ¼ of a tank of fuel in the motorcycle or less.
- Clean the motorcycle, assuring all dirt is completely removed.
- Create a list of all damage already done to the vehicle. This will make inspection easier when the bike is finally released back to you after its transport.
- Give the key to the driver whenever you drop it off for transport or whenever it is picked up.
- Remove the handlebars, saddlebags and other unnecessary items if requested.
- If the bike has an alarm, disengage it. The transport company may also ask for the battery to be removed depending on the method of transport.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?