Yacht Transport from USA to Australia
The most dependable and affordable way to ship a yacht from the U.S.A. to Australia is by hiring a licensed transport company with a positive reputation for their international boat shipping services. You can use the web to find the best overseas boat transporters nearest to your yacht. This is the easiest way to find the right company for the job. Look for companies with a long history in the industry and variety of options. They should also have proof of their success through positive reviews and ratings, approval through the BBB, and US DOT registration as well as other certifications.
Importing a yacht into Australia from the U.S. isn’t too hard especially with professional guidance and support. Of course, you will have to abide the import laws set by the country to gain approval for your yacht’s entry through Customs before the day scheduled for the vessel’s pickup. Fortunately, Australia’s laws are easy to comply with. Not all countries have such lenient import regulations.
Information Regarding Australia’s Yacht Import Policy
The shipping company will help you to understand the requirements for yacht import into Australia. Dealing with the policies of another country is confusing for those without familiarity which makes shipping professionals even more essential for a successful overseas delivery. You can also call the embassy for further information including the existing tax rates. As long as your yacht isn’t modified and it passes other details considered during the country’s method of valuation, it is generally subject to a 5% customs value based on the price paid for the yacht as well as a 10% GST based on the customs value, shipping costs, and other small details.
The requirements held for your yacht’s entry will highly depend on the reason for its delivery to the country. For example, yachts entering Australia for under 12 months will need to obtain a control permit. If the yacht stays longer than the 12 month period, the owner must apply for an extension prior to the expiration of the permit. Other circumstances may require an evaluation of the yacht before it is released from the port it arrived at. Not all ports will allow yacht import, but your transport company will know which ports to deliver to.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?