Yacht Transport by Truck
When you need a yacht shipped by ground transport, a fleet truck is usually the vehicle that will haul the vessel to its new home. Without the proper hauler, conducting ground transport to another state or across land is too difficult with a yacht in tow. It’s more cost efficient and safe to hire a professional for the task. You can rest assured that your transport company will have all of the right equipment and tools to ship your yacht safely.
Make Sure the Transport Company Is Licensed
Before you hire a transporter, make sure they are licensed and certified. They should especially have BBB approval and DOT registration. DOT registration is requirement for any transporter that conducts interstate hauling services. A CDL license is also required. All licensed transporters are required to carry the state’s minimal amount of insurance coverage. For further protection, you may be able to buy more insurance from the transport company.
Before the professional shipping company comes to pick the yacht up from its home, it is important to have it prepared properly. Preparing the yacht lessens any risks involved. It keeps the yacht safe from harm and those caring for it safer too. The transport company will give you specific instructions to assure that the preparation is done right.
Preparing Your Yacht for Transport by Truck
- Empty the boat from any and all dangerous materials including fuel, oil, paint, etc.
- Make sure all latches and hatches are fastened and secured tightly. You can use zip ties, straps or tape to ensure that they are reinforced. Water shouldn’t have any way into the yacht.
- Secure loose gears and cables inside and outside of the yacht.
- Make sure the boat and any of its features don’t exceed 13ft tall.
- Disable all electrical and gas powered appliances and equipment. Also disconnect the boat’s batteries.
- Have all necessary documentation ready for the driver of the truck.
- The boat should be clean and free of all personal and valuable items. All electronics and anchors should also be removed.
- Close and lock down all windows and doors. This includes any cabinets or indoor attachments that could open on its way to its new home.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory