Yacht Transport across the Atlantic
The only safe and affordable way to ship a yacht across the Atlantic is by hiring a professional transport company. They have everything they need to conduct a safe yacht transport overseas including the latest transport technologies and equipment. To have your yacht transported by sea, search online for the best boat transporters nearest to where the yacht is stored. The transporter must have experience in shipping a yacht overseas.
Prepare Accordingly for Your Yacht’s Transport
Once you have called around gathering quotes and have found the best yacht transporter to ship your yacht over the Atlantic, start preparing the necessary documents you’ll need. The transport company will inform you of what you need. For international yacht delivery, you’ll need to gain import approval from Customs from the country you plan to transport the vessel to. This includes paying the import taxes in full and providing proof.
Some of the Documentation and Information You Should Have Ready
- You will need to provide the transport company with the boat’s measurements. Have its length, width and height written down. Make sure these dimensions are correct and that nothing extends higher than the restrictions set by the company transporting it across the Atlantic.
- The transporter will ask for specific documents including the vessel’s title and registration, proof of insurance, the Bill of Lading, and the Bill or Sale.
- Have the addresses of the starting and ending locations for the yacht.
- Include an inventory list of other items are shipping with the yacht.
- Know what services you’d like for the transport of your yacht by sea. It is likely that you can take advantage of optional services offered by most transport companies. These only enhance the shipping process by adding more protection or putting it higher on the transporter’s priority list.
Depending on the country you’re shipping to, other documents may need to be provided. Each country has the ability to set their import laws. Therefore the proof needed is all up to that nation. Clearing Customs is very important. Without their approval, the yacht is unable to gain entrance into the country.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.