Yacht Shipping International
Yacht Shipping International
The absolute most affordable and cost effective way to ship your yacht internationally is through a professional international yacht shipping company. There are many great and reliable transport companies in the U.S. that are familiar with international yacht transports. Yacht and boat enthusiasts will get the vessel they’re looking for from anywhere in the world if it’s what they’re looking for. When you search for the right transport company, make sure they are BBB approved, DOT registered, and have all the proper licensing to show their professionalism in the industry.
To receive shipping rates to have your yacht transported overseas, it is wise to call the transporter for a more accurate estimate. Most transporters will offer free quotes through an online shipping calculator but this isn’t usually as honest as the quote you receive when you call in. It also makes it easier to ask questions or to have any concerns addressed before hiring the transporter for services. Sometimes, military personnel, students and other individuals may qualify for a discount due to the nature of the yacht’s relocation. It doesn’t hurt to ask.
Remember that most countries have import taxes they charge depending on the type of import. You must pay these in full before your yacht is approved by Customs for the import. Customs will also request other forms of documentation with the proof of paid taxes.
How the Cost of International Yacht Transport Is Calculated
The cost of shipping your yacht overseas is determined by several things. Most car shipping companies come up with an estimate based on similar factors.
- The type of yacht
- The yachts dimensions and weight
- The distance the transporter must travel to deliver the yacht
- The shipping services being used to deliver the yacht internationally
- The cost of fuel and other shipping resources at the time of the transport
- The time of year or season might affect the price of delivery, depending on the type of transport
After the international transport company is provided with the proper details and information, they’ll come up with a more accurate quote for your international yacht services.
The Advantages of Shipping a Yacht through Professionals
- You’ll save money. Professionals that offer international shipping services will have the right freight ships and transport equipment already on hand.
- They have the latest in shipping technology.
- They’ll protect the yacht’s value through their insurance policy. Always ask what the insurance coverage entails.
- They provide a faster overseas delivery.
- They’ll have experience with overseas deliveries and complying with foreign import policies and other transport laws.
- You can watch the progress of your yacht’s travels through real-time satellite tracking services.