It’s human nature, it seems, to initially always want to choose the company that offers you the lowest price. But you know the adage of “you get what you pay for”? It may sound cliché but it exists for a reason. That’s certainly the case with auto transport companies, though, of course, there are exceptions. In reality, the lowest price is not always the best or smartest option.
Watch Out for Scams
When you get a price that is the lowest one that you’ve found for auto transport, especially if it’s much lower, there’s a high likelihood that you could possibly be getting scammed. They may not scam you initially, but some auto transport companies that offer these seemingly unrealistic low prices may try to charge you with various hidden fees during the process, especially once your vehicle arrives.
If a company offers you a really low price but demands most or all of the payment upfront, rather than a small deposit, you can be sure that you’re going to be scammed if you choose them.
Make sure to always ask for the proper certification and licenses from the auto transport companies. They should always make their DOT or MC # available to you. Visit the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s website at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/ for more information.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You Get What You Pay For
Sure, choosing the lowest price that’s offered may seem like you got a bargain. But be prepared for the high likelihood that you’re not going to get the very best in auto transport service.
Legitimate companies that offer very low prices may not:
- Offer extensive auto transport insurance;
- May not offer any tracking technology, such as GPS, that many other auto transport companies currently do;
- Do not have 24/7 customer service availability;
- Will not transport your vehicle in a timely manner;
- Do not provide you with drivers that handle your vehicle with care at all times;
- Sacrifice on some security measures for your vehicle, such as tarp covering.
After all, companies have to make a profit, as they’re not charities, so if they’re offering you a price that is much lower than the competition, they are most likely making some sacrifices in order to save on costs themselves. Don’t give in.
Most Auto Transport Companies Are Consistent in Price
The majority of auto transport companies, unless it’s a last minute transport request, will offer prices that are roughly the same with each other, give or take a little bit. You are better off choosing an auto transport company that is mid-range in price and that offers you outstanding service.
One of the best ways to see the quality of service that you can expect from a company is to visit the Better Business Bureau’s website for reviews.
By contacting A-1 Auto Transport, you can be fully confident that you’re getting an affordable price without any sacrifice in quality. Our customer service representatives are available to help you immediately with any and all of your questions. Contact us today!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory