Without increasing the mileage or causing harm to your motorcycle, delivering a motorcycle is nearly impossible without professional assistance. Luckily, it’s easy to find a transport company with experience in shipping motorcycles. Nearly any auto transport company you find nearby will offer motorcycle transport services to interested customers.
The best place to start when you’re in need a motorcycle transport is through the use of online resources. Search for the most reputable and affordable motorcycle shipping companies nearest your home. Narrow your results by researching their websites, reading customer reviews, and looking at company ratings. Create a list of the transporters you would like to contact for quotes.
A1 Auto Transport has been helping people all over California ship their motorcycles anywhere in the world for over 25 years. We offer various motorcycle transport services at some of the most affordable rates. Give us a call to receive a FREE quote at (800) 452-2880.
Get Your Motorcycle Ready for Delivery
- Start by cleaning and washing the motorcycle. You want it to look its best for the delivery to its new home. Cleaning it makes it easier to spot any visible marks on its exterior when you go to document damages.
- Remove any loose items. If you are using a crated transport method, you may need to remove the handlebars as well.
- Drain all fluids in the vehicle with the exception of fuel. Leave the gas tank ¼ full or less.
- Write down and take pictures of any damages. You can refer to your notes when you inspect the bike after delivery.
- If you’re sending the bike overseas, call the embassy of the country you’re delivering the bike to. Every nation has its own import laws to follow. You’re also responsible for paying taxes and duties aside from shipping costs.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.