Anyone interested in shipping a car to the Dominican Republic is going to have concerns over the cost. The cost of shipping a car through professionals is actually quite affordable. These shipping services are cost effective and really the only proven way to get a car transported to another country with certainty.
The employees working for the transport company will have experience and training in international shipping. Most transporters will have their staff members assist you throughout the entire process, making sure that import is granted for the vehicle. This is extremely helpful. However, it is always advised that all shipping customers contact the Embassy of the Dominican Republic. The embassy has the current auto import laws and can even provide you with the exact tax and duty rates.
There are several documents that you will need to provide the Customs office with before your car is approved for import. A lot of these documents you should already possess such as your license or passport. Some of the other documents include proof of paid taxes, the vehicle’s registration and title, and the original purchase invoice.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Providing Proof of Paid Taxes.
Pay the import taxes for the vehicle at least a few weeks before the scheduled transport. Once these taxes are paid in full, Customs will need proof of the payment. When you bring proof of payment to Customs along with the other requested documents, they will grant your car import approval. If you wish to get a have a better idea of the tax rates for the Dominican Republic, the embassy will let you know what they are at that time.
Taxes and Duties.
- Passenger Cars – 8-20%
- Trucks and Buses – 8-20%
- Luxury Tax – Typically, this tax is anywhere from 15-60% of the CIF price.
- Variable ISC and sales tax
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?