What Happens If My Motorcycle Is Damaged during the Shipping Process?
Once you hand your motorcycle over to the transport company, the insurance you have on the vehicle will no longer protect it. It is state law that all licensed auto transport companies must provide at least the minimum amount of insurance coverage to each of their shipping customers. Each state sets the requirements for the amount of insurance that a shipping company must provide.
When you purchase shipping services from A1 Auto Transport, you can ask to buy additional insurance protection. It’s wise to have full coverage on your motorcycle during its transport despite the professionalism and safety practices we take so seriously. We do everything we can to provide a safe and successful delivery.
Once the motorcycle has been delivered to its destination, it should be checked for damages that weren’t otherwise there. If damage is apparent, immediately report it to the driver or transport company. They’ll perform their own inspection and write out a report. The shipping customer or the receiver of the motorcycle will then be asked to sign the report. This report is returned to the company where it is filed with the insurance agent.
Once a claim is processed, the insurance company will provide further instruction. Your motorcycle will have all necessary repairs and replacements done under the assistance of the insurer.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory