Whenever you must ship a car to Germany from the United States, the first thought to probably run through your head is the price. Fortunately, the cost of shipping a car isn’t outrageous and is actually quite budget friendly.
Many people are able to take advantage of car shipping services due to the reasonable rates. What makes international transport expensive at times is the cost associated with the import taxes and duties.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Germany’s Import Taxes and Duties.
Germany’s import taxes and duties aren’t at all that high. In fact, the import duty is usually around 10% and the VAT around 20%. Other small taxes will also need to be paid. Call the Embassy of Germany to find out what taxes you must pay to gain import approval. While you have the embassy on the phone, ask about the import regulations in place.
The Costs of Shipping Services Explained.
- By the weight of the vehicle.
- By the distance that must be traveled.
- What shipping services are desired.
- The make and model of the vehicle.
A few questions will be asked by the customer service rep before a quote can be determined. When you choose your shipping services, you will notice that the RO/RO method is cheaper than the container method. RO/RO shipping is a form of open air transport often used by those that deal and trade cars, including manufacturers.
The container method may be more expensive, but it provides more security and gives you space to bring other belongings with you. Not everyone needs all the space provided. This shipping service is often shared between two individuals. This lessens the costs for both of them.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?