There are some countries that are much harder to ship cars to than others. Every nation sets their own laws and that means that their import policy can contain any number of statutes.
So before you book with a transporter to ship your car to Chile from the U.S., look into the country’s import laws to see if your car meets the restrictions.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Chile’s Import Regulations and Restrictions.
- Only used motor vehicles being imported by diplomats or returning citizens can enter the country lawfully. Returning citizens must have been abroad for at least one year before they can have a car imported into Chile.
- New vehicles mustn’t have any more mileage than what was needed to get the vehicle from the factory to the origin of sale.
The regulations you have to comply with in order to get your car safely into the country are difficult to understand as a foreigner to the nation. Contact the Embassy of Chile to get a better understanding. Write down the information learned and then ask about the current duty and tax rates associated with auto import.
Use the assistance of your transport professionals as you prepare for the shipping process. They have extensive knowledge in the industry and can help greatly. They’ll even make sure you prepare all the proper documents for the Customs office to gain import clearance. Of course, this is if the car meets the restrictions and all taxes are paid first. You must show Customs proof of paid taxes along with your other documentation.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?