- Defining Exotic Cars of Luxury
- Luxury Car Brands of Exotic Automobiles
- Aston Martin
- Other Luxury Brands with Exotic Models
- Final Thoughts
Exotic cars must be luxurious... or so many people think. But is it true? Distinguishing exotic cars from the rest that are simply luxurious can be tricky. This is because many famous luxury brands are often the producers of highly exotic cars.
It's not strange that exotic cars mostly come from luxury brands. These manufacturers have the funds, workforce, and technology to dedicate themselves to creating exceptional supercars. They focus not just on exotic styling but also on the incredible power that brings the ultimate performance on the road.
So, let's learn what luxury automotive brands of exotic cars are available out there right now. Start listing the car of your dreams and enjoy the ride.
Defining Exotic Cars of Luxury
Are exotic cars synonymous with luxury cars? Answering that question is a bit tricky. Most exotic cars usually come from luxury brands, like Ferrari and Porsche. However, not all luxury cars can be considered exotic.
Several factors distinguish exotic cars. This combination of factors is what sets these automobiles apart from the rest. The main ones are:
- Top performance. The first factor that makes a car 'exotic' is its high level of performance, usually unmatched by ordinary vehicles. These cars often have fast acceleration, powered by extraordinary engines. Movies like the ones in the Fast and Furious franchise often feature such cars, which the characters use to their advantage in speed or endurance racing.
- Advanced features. Technology plays a part in elevating exotic cars from their peers. Advanced technological features can make a seemingly regular car more exotic and, therefore, desirable. It's not just about the latest driver assistance systems or innovative safety features. These cars incorporate cutting-edge engineering and unique materials (like carbon fiber or advanced alloys) to boost their performance and efficiency.
- Unique body styles. Have you ever noticed cars that look futuristic or like they belong to a science fiction movie? They may well be exotic cars. Exotic cars often turn people's heads due to their unique designs that resemble Formula racing cars rather than your family's minivan or SUV. An excellent example is the Agera R model from Swedish manufacturer Koenigsegg.
However, exotic cars are indeed often associated with prestigious and iconic luxury brands. Brands like Aston Martin, Ferrari, and Porsche all have high-performing models that offer speed, power, design, and luxury in one body. Not all the cars in their lineup may have the 'exotic' label, but they certainly come with a hefty price tag.
Exotic cars represent not just luxury but also performance and craftsmanship. Many alien car enthusiasts look for more than prestige—they want top speed, advanced engineering, and striking designs to prove they have the pinnacle of automotive excellence.
Luxury Car Brands of Exotic Automobiles
Which luxury brands have the top of the line of exotic automobiles? There are a few, with the most being of Italian origins. Let's go through each of these brands.
Exotic cars don't get more luxurious than this Italian brand. The automaker has gained fame in car engineering by dominating popular races, such as Formula One and Le Mans.
Latest models from recent years, like the Ferrari F8 and Ferrari SF90, are highly sought after. The latter is, in fact, one of the most expensive exotic car models, with a steep price tag of over $500,000. Another exotic Ferrari model, Ferrari 296, also costs around $325,000.
Even its historical models are still popular in various car auctions. Clearly, despite the price, Ferrari is still widely sought after for its excellence in design and performance. Thanks to founder Enzo Ferrari's genius in car engineering, the brand remains a priority in the minds of many car enthusiasts today.
Another brand that is rich in history and engineering success is McLaren. Enthusiasts love McLaren for its typical lightweight body and the impressive performance of its engines. The
This brand has been loyal to maintaining its design excellence, not having ventured into producing popular models like SUVs. Instead, McLaren focuses on producing exotic cars and supercars with sleek designs and accelerated speed.
Perhaps it is McLaren's founder, Bruce McLaren, whose career as a racer and engineer inspired the brand to dedicate itself to building fast and powerful cars. The 2023 McLaren GT, for example, is built for speed, with a luxurious interior of carbon-fiber trim. The exterior also looks sleek and stylish. Compared to the other two models in their luxury vehicle models, Artura and 720S, the price is also more affordable at around $208,000.
Aston Martins are not just famous for being James Bond's car. For enthusiasts looking for the ultimate luxury in their exotic cars, Aston Martin offers an attractive combination of both aspects.
Aston Martin Vantage is one of the most exclusive exotic cars on the market today. With a price of around $146,000, it looks elegant and is highly capable. The handling is said to be flawless, while the speed is impressive.
Other popular luxury exotics from this brand are Aston Martin DBS and DB11. The DBS line is based on the DB11 but has enhanced performance thanks to its powerful engine. However, the DBS is likely going to be discontinued to make way for a more innovative model. A newer model, DB12, has also been announced as the brand's latest luxury supercar.
Italy is not all about Ferrari. There's also Maserati, another manufacturer that produces exotic cars at the height of design and engineering. Maserati's models often have uniquely designed bodies that no other brands produce. However, for a time in the past, Maserati also used motors built by Ferrari, which are equal in quality to those used by Ferrari in its own cars.
The Maserati GranTurismo is among the top 5 popular exotic car models. The sports car has a classic design that looks luxurious and stylish. While its speed doesn't match up well with competitors like Ferrari and Porsche, it still has a robust engine of 550 horsepower made for comfortable cruising.
The GranTurismo is less expensive than the other Maserati exotic, MC20. At around 215,000, the Maserati MC20 provides a more exhilarating performance on the road. It's said to be a street-friendly version of an F1 race car, which makes it desirable for enthusiasts.
The Italian trifecta of luxury exotic cars is complete with this third Italian brand, Lamborghini. Built originally to compete against Ferrari, Lamborghini is renowned for its exceptional performance. The brand has formidable engines roaring under its hood, delivering the ultimate road thrills.
While it was still produced, the Lamborghini Aventador is one of the priciest exotics at the steep price of $518,000. But it does earn its "supercar" label with a V12 engine that supports its high performance. While a hybrid V12 and electric engine is replacing the model in the new model Revuelto, the Aventador remains a popular choice for those wanting exclusivity.
Anyone who minds the high price tag of the Aventador has the option to turn to Lamborghini Huracan (around $203,000). With a V10 engine of 600 horsepower, it's one of the fastest exotic cars on the road.
Other Luxury Brands with Exotic Models
The five brands mentioned above are not the only carmakers with exotic models. However, other brands may put more emphasis on luxury than "exoticness." They may only have one prominent model considered to be exotic.
- Porsche: This German-based manufacturer has the exotic model of Porsche 911, considered by many to be the gold standard of sports cars.
- Audi: Germany also has Audi, which boasts the R8 model as one of the most sought-after exotic cars in the world.
- Bentley: British manufacturer Bentley has the Bentley Continental, a sports car that marries prestige with speed. Its sophisticated design is backed up by an engine offering 500 horsepower.
- Nissan: While Nissan is not a luxury brand, the Nissan GT-R is one of the longest-lasting models on the market and is considered to be one of the most affordable sports coupes around.
As you can see, exotic cars are in a league of their own. Luxury car brands may have popular models that are just simple luxury sedans, but to have a model that's called "exotic" requires more than just six-figure price tags.
Italian automakers Ferrari, Maserati, and Lamborghini are among the top exotic car brands popular among enthusiasts. British greats Aston Martin and McLaren also join the list for their exotic models with iconic designs and exceptional performance.
And if you need to transport your exotic vehicle, count on A1 Auto Transport. Our services extend to handling exotic cars of any brand that needs a reliable handle. Get your free quote today.