Motorcycle transport is straightforward when you can rely on the company that will be transporting your bike for you. A business with superior reviews and ratings is more likely to be dependable for motorcycle transport services than one with poor ratings and reviews.
Don't hastily select a Weirton motorcycle shipping company for its low rates. Make sure that it is one you feel at ease with.
What Is Required of Me before the Shipping Process?
The requirements for motorcycle shipping aren't at all complicated to complete. There isn't too much one must do to organize the bike for its travels, unless you have chosen crated shipping methods. Crate shipping will require that all liquids be drained from the motorcycle and the battery must be disconnected. People tend to select this method of transport due to its ability to keep the bike safe. Other than that, the requirements for all other shipping methods are standard.
- All fluids must be checked, as well as the air pressure in the tires.
- The motorcycle mustn't have any loose items attached or anything unnecessary on it.
- Make sure there is ¼ tank of gas.
- Wash the bike and make sure that there isn't any dirt or debris on it.
- Check for damage. Be sure to note any scratches, dents, etc. Take pictures. This will help you to notice if any further damage to the bike was done during shipping after it reaches its destination point.
- If there is an alarm system, make sure that it is disabled.
As long as you make sure that all of this is done prior to transport and that a reliable shipping company was hired for the job, all should go over smoothly and your bike will arrive across state lines to its journey’s end safe and sound.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.