Motorcycle events are held all over the nation every year. The highways are flooded with traffic, hazards and obstacles that can pose a threat to the condition of your bike.
With a professional Wayne, New Jersey transport company, you can be sure that your bike will arrive to its destination without incident. Motorcycle shipping is affordable, safe and fast.
When it comes to safety, you can bet that the experts in this business have this at the forefront of their minds. All employees should be trained to follow standard operating procedures and educated in the many different ways a motorcycle can be shipped. Before hiring a company, test their knowledge after you have done a bit of research.
Questions to Ask a Motorcycle Transport Company.
- As a first time shipper, am I entitled to a deal?
- Do you offer insurance?
- Do you have a website?
- Do you offer free quotes?
- How can I keep track of my delivery?
- Do you deliver internationally?
- How many shipping solutions do you offer?
How to Prepare a Motorcycle for Transport.
- Inspect the bike for damages including small scratches and dents.
- Take pictures of any damages that you find on the bike.
- Remove loose items and any personal belongings and ship them another way.
- Wash the motorcycle of dirt and deposits to make inspecting the bike easier for you and the professional.
- Turn off your motorcycles security features in order to avoid a disturbance while the bike is in transit.
- Check the tire pressure, oil and battery.
- Make sure to burn of any excess fuel until the meter reads no higher than ¼.
- To be safe, have a mechanic service the motorcycle before the day of transport.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.