Moving To Or From University Of Oklahoma
Moving is considered a daunting task by many people. This is probably because of the fact that they do not approach the process of moving with enough preparation and knowledge. Despite the fear that most folks have of moving, Americans continue to move like clockwork each year. It is estimated that over 40 million Americans relocate yearly! Therefore, your impending student move to or from the University of Oklahoma is one of many millions that will be happening this year. However, we can assure you that despite these daunting statistics on moving, your move need not be a stressful affair. From our over two decades experience in the moving industry, we have come to the conclusion that moving is a process that can be mastered. We have been moving folks in Oklahoma and the entire country for years now with great success. You can therefore trust our moving advice and tips because they have been tried and tested.
Moving tips for a smooth student relocation
We have compiled a few moving tips to make your student relocation as smooth as possible.
- Get organized early: Chances are, you know about your moving day months in advance. Therefore, take advantage of this to begin your preparations early. Create a moving checklist and write down every task that needs to be accomplished before moving day, no matter how small. This will save you any last-minute rush.
- Pack like a pro: Use the items that you can pack in to hold some of your belongings. These include suitcases, bags, plastic bins, clothes hampers and so on. Furthermore, you can employ more packing hacks such as rolling clothes rather than folding, leaving clothes on hangers and so on.
- Consider moving help: Ask your friends to help you with your moving tasks such as packing, hauling and so on. Additionally, your family will also be fine with offering you some moving assistance. However, the best form of help you can get is from a professional moving company.
Advantages of using a professional moving company
When you hire the services of a professional moving company, you will enjoy loads of benefits. Some of these benefits include;
- Reliability: The services of a professional moving company are reliable. If you expect them to pack, they will do a professional job. They will also ensure to be at your location at exactly the time you need them to be.
- Expertise: Tasks such as packing and furniture disassembly, all require a certain level of expertise in order to be done well and efficiently. You can count on professional moving crews to have all the expertise necessary to complete these tasks.
- Moving tools and equipment: Professional movers have all the tools and equipment that you will need for your move. From moving dollies, hoisting straps, specialized trucks and so on, you can be sure your mover will have all these.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company
Now that you are convinced that you need to use the services of a professional moving company, you now need to locate one. Here are a few tips to help you along.
- Seek recommendations: Ask for recommendations, both good and bad ones, from friends and family. You can also ask businesses such as realtors who have constant contact with moving companies for a few recommendations.
- Length of operation: Once you have a list from step one, find out how long each company has been in operation. Remember, the longer a moving company has been in business, the better placed they would be to handle your move since they will have loads of experience.
- Credentials: With your whittled down list, confirm the credentials of each company. Ensure that they are licensed with the proper licenses and also have insurance. The Department of Transportation has a database with all their licensed movers.
Our moving services
We have a wide variety of moving services such as full service moves, professional packing services, provision of moving boxes and supplies, free moving advice, professional moving estimates, moving labor for hire, auto transport and moving storage. Furthermore, we offer local moving, long distance, international and nationwide moving services.
Benefits of moving with us
We are fully licensed and insured. We have over twenty years experience in the moving industry. Moreover, our moving services are accredited by the Better Business Bureau and we have great customer reviews. Additionally, we are members of the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover.
Make the smart move
You can contact us today to handle all your moving needs and queries by dialing 888-509-3213. Additionally, you can reach us by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.