All countries have import regulations in place to stop any non-native citizens or foreign countries from shipping whatever they want across the border.
It is your responsibility to meet the restrictions and collect the proof of compliance needed. Fortunately, hiring a transport company helps tremendously with this part of the transport preparation.
Before you can ship your car to Honduras, you must provide all documentation to Customs. This is how you can obtain the certificate for import approval. Only if all restrictions are met and all documents are shown to authority, is a certificate for lawful import to be handed out.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Auto Import Restrictions for Honduras.
- You must have access to all vehicle specs including the color, model, make engine number, VIN, year of manufacture, and other similar details.
- Any vehicle over the age is prohibited into Honduras.
- If you cannot pay taxes immediately for the import of your car, you can file Form 9-A for a 90-day temporary permit.
- You need the demanded proof including:
- Copy of Passport.
- Original Title and Registration.
- Original Vehicle Invoice.
- Form 9-A if necessary.
- Franchise or Dispensa (for duty-free entry to those applicable).
Taxes and Duties to Pay.
Paying off the taxes and duties associated with your import is usually more expensive than the shipping services you paid for. Not all countries have steep rates, but Honduras is definitely less lenient that other nations. You could end up paying anywhere from 0-164% on average for Customs duties. The duty tax rate is around 15% and there is a sales tax set at 15% too. All percentages are based on the CIF value, duty, excise duty and PYC. Contact the Embassy of Honduras to find out exactly what you need to pay in taxes so you can go ahead with the transport as scheduled.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?