The only secure way to ship a car to Mexico is through reputable transport services in the U.S. Fortunately, international shipping services for vehicles is worth every penny and affordable to most budget types.
The only way to get a true estimate is by providing the transport company with a few details. They will use the information to give you the most accurate quote.
Although it is hard to put an exact price to the shipping process without the right information being given, it is safe to assume that with import taxes included, you will pay at least a couple thousand dollars. This is minimal compared to alternative suggestions such as buying a new vehicle in the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
About the Tariffs and Duties for Auto Import in Mexico.
If you’re approved by the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), you may be able to ship your car into Mexico duty-free. Otherwise, be ready to pay a 25% regular duty, a 16% VAT, and a general import tax. All tariffs and duties must be paid before the transport. Proof of paid taxes will need to be provided to the Customs office. Along with the other documentation requested, your vehicle will gain approval into the country.
Import Policy Information.
Having a car imported into Mexico is actually simple, especially in comparison to other countries. However not all vehicles can be imported. The car must meet the restrictions listed in the import policy. For example, the car should be at least 5 years old, but no older than 10 years of age.
To make sure that you comply with the right import policies, call the Embassy of Mexico. Not only will they give you any information requested in regards to the auto import policy, but they can explain the taxes that must be paid. Your international auto transporter will also guide you through the process and help you gather the proper documentation.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?